Oaps To Work Extra years from april idea

i agree with that,but  i dont like the tories but food and health have to be sorted and dont think bringing more people from abroad is a good idea,maybe if the boat people really want to come here,ask them to do farm work ?

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

It's up to everybody's personal wishes and state of health etc and many are caring for parents or partners.

If they want retired NHS workers to go back, they will have to give them proper salaries and conditions.

A bit rich if this is coming from the  well paid idle people  in Westminster who think a 3 hour meal or a wine party, discussing something is working.

They don't know what work is.

I worked for 43 years untill deciding to retire early,now living off savings for two  years untill I can claim my pension, no benefits etc, my money will proberbly run out by then, I could do light work i guess, but let some of the career workshy, yes, there are lots, get off their backsides and contribute

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bassett one said:

do people think this is a good idea or do we welcome and encourage people from abroad to live and work in england as there are jobs to be filled

With all due respect Mr. Bassett, and having had the pleasure of meeting you, I can't help but think you would make a great addition to Mr. Blokes "Baubles" dancing troupe.

I'm sure all those over retirement age who are fit enough and want to work, are already doing so, either having never retired, or in permanent/part time jobs, or volunteering, or looking after elderly parents or young ones while their parents go out to work etc..

As for the rest, I can't get the image of Julie Walters and the 'two soups' sketch out of my head.

If this is real, beware. It's probably a government trap to cover the abysmal state of the old age pension, and increase retirement age still further. Work till you drop. It's like the clapping and banging pots and pans for the nurses. Make yourself useful, then when it comes down to the nitty gritty you can swivel....

Neglected for years, why should anyone, particularly OAPs, want to help this appalling government out?

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1