Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

29 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Is it true the ground floors of nearby NCP and Q-Park  as well as sections of Carver Street car park are reserved for councillors cars?

Not that I’m aware of. Councillors have access to parking spaces in Holden House.

32 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Is that exclusively? a certain section of it reserved for them?

In a council employee car park, not open to the public, what's the issue? 

If you wanted them just to park in a car park and pay for it then that would be claimed back on expenses anyway so pick yer poison. 

1 hour ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Is that exclusively? a certain section of it reserved for them?

Yes. That’s how it was when I last worked there.

The rationale was that they had to come in at short notice sometimes and many have day jobs too, so they needed rapid access and to be able to park close by. 

They also could issue day permits for council parking if all the Howden House parking was full. 

I did make the point several times that they should be seen to be leading from the front regarding travelling by sustainable modes wherever possible. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/business/almost-7000-fined-as-sheffields-clean-air-zone-rakes-in-more-than-ps200000-in-first-month-4135553

and so the revenue collection begins……would love to see some form of demographic to show how this revenue is broken down by class of vehicle etc and whether this “stick” is hitting lower end businesses most ie self employed trying to earn a living

if it’s as I guess then once more the so called Labour Party and their mates in the green ..sorry Marxist party are once again bullying the people just as they did with the tree saga.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

if it’s as I guess then once more the so called Labour Party and their mates in the green ..sorry Marxist party are once again bullying the people just as they did with the tree saga.

it's a Conservative Government policy/project/law, but sure, blame Labour and the Green party.

Edited by ads36

2 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

and so the revenue collection begins……would love to see some form of demographic to show how this revenue is broken down by class of vehicle etc and whether this “stick” is hitting lower end businesses most ie self employed trying to earn a living

Have you actually asked them for a breakdown?

You’re entitled to ask for it under the freedom of information act. Parking Services can run the report off very easily and there’s a handy contact form for you to fill in here

Let us know what they say.

Are you contending that self employed people should be able to flout any traffic regulation that doesn’t suit them?

• Like 1