Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

25 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

This from the traffic penalty tribunal ( who adjudicate on appeals against fines) is illuminating. Note that if you enter the zone before midnight and leave it after midnight, it’s 2x daily fees.

So a chargable vehicle coming into the zone in theory could be charged £100 to travel from Park Square roundabout to Eccelsall road? 

Even you couldnt defend that

Just sent this to the clean air team email

I have a chargeable vehicle and need clarification on a question

I do a regular night time run from Rotherham to Ecclesall Road coming down the Parkway

If I enter the CAZ just before midnight and am still en-route after midnight will I be charged twice as i leave the CAZ at the Bramall Lane roundabout and re-enter the CAZ to go to Ecclesall Road

23 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Best ask him.

Toby did, he didnt know 

Edited by sheffbag
  • Like 1

Just now, sheffbag said:

So a chargable vehicle coming into the zone in theory could be charged £100 to travel from Park Square roundabout to Eccelsall road? 

Even you couldnt defend that

Oyster card caps based on 24 hour periods between 4.30am and 4.30am

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/find-fares/tube-and-rail-fares/pay-as-you-go-caps

If they can do it....

8 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

This from the traffic penalty tribunal ( who adjudicate on appeals against fines) is illuminating. Note that if you enter the zone before midnight and leave it after midnight, it’s 2x daily fees.

Hmmm... :huh:

Well that's interesting!

So what about someone who may live within the zone and leaves their van parked up outside their house for weeks on end?

Do they then get charged for the multiple days they've been within the zone the next time they leave? :roll:

Just now, Mr Bloke said:

Well that's interesting!

So what about someone who may live within the zone and leaves their van parked up outside their house for weeks on end?

Do they then get charged for the multiple days they've been within the zone the next time they leave? :roll:

Thats a fair question. Think they only get clocked when the ANPR camera sees it moving, and then charged for that day only.

Just now, Mr Bloke said:

Well that's interesting!

Looks that way.

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Oyster card caps based on 24 hour periods between 4.30am and 4.30am

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/find-fares/tube-and-rail-fares/pay-as-you-go-caps

If they can do it....

As far as I’m aware the government set up the charging regime for all CAZ’s so it is consistent in all areas. 

You can select whatever 24 hour period you like and there’s always going to be someone it inconveniences.

Just now, Planner1 said:

As far as I’m aware the government set up the charging regime for all CAZ’s so it is consistent in all areas. 

You can select whatever 24 hour period you like and there’s always going to be someone it inconveniences.

Of course, but lets be honest a midnight cutoff is going to inconvenience more people than a 4.30am or a 6am cutoff.  The night time economy (bands, DJs, coaches with party goers etc) are generally long gone by the time 6am comes around

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Looks that way.

Just to return to this:

"If your vehicle does not meet the minimum vehicle emission limits set by the Government, and you drive into, out of, or within the zone, you will need to pay each day you travel."

A van sat in a garage, or parked up on a street, is not "travelling", so a van entering on a Monday and leaving on a Friday having being parked up Tue/Wed/Thu will be charged two lots of £10.