Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Of course, but lets be honest a midnight cutoff is going to inconvenience more people than a 4.30am or a 6am cutoff.  The night time economy (bands, DJs, coaches with party goers etc) are generally long gone by the time 6am comes around

I can see what you’re saying, but the midnight to midnight period has the advantage of being easily understood as a “daily” charge.

Just now, Planner1 said:

I can see what you’re saying, but the midnight to midnight period has the advantage of being easily understood as a “daily” charge.

I suspect Londoners have no issue with understanding the daily cutoff for their Oyster card cap charging is 4.30am...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

This one is the govt's fault. could have easily set it 4:30-4:29. Public Transport manages it with Oyster and the Smart products in the SY region

You dont say when planning to go out "lets go out for a meal on a friday night then head to the club on the saturday morning". People would easily understand it

• Like 1

Just now, sheffbag said:

This one is the govt's fault. could have easily set it 4:30-4:29. Public Transport manages it with Oyster and the Smart products in the SY region

You dont say when planning to go out "lets go out for a meal on a friday night then head to the club on the saturday morning". People would easily understand it

Exactly this. Same in TV world, the "next day" doesnt start until 6am (look in any printed TV guide and you will see each day doesnt just suddenly cut off at midnight).