Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

4 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

Interesting development from TM Travel who basically had next to no vehicles that were eligible for the CAZ. They have bought 9 buses from Edinburgh that were Hybrids and therefore eligible for use in the CAZ. However, it would appear that Edinburgh have removed the hybrid system as it was unreliable so what is left is a Euro5 vehicle that is not compliant.  ooops.

Ooops indeed. However, from my observations of the 218, which runs past my window, they are still using the usual mix of old (presumably not Cat6), and the odd much newer ones.

Guest busdriver1
3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Ooops indeed. However, from my observations of the 218, which runs past my window, they are still using the usual mix of old (presumably not Cat6), and the odd much newer ones.

Exactly, the deckers they use on there are euro 3, I believe one or two of their fleet are euro 6 but thats all. 

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

The "new" deckers are not in use yet, you would like to think they are re-instating the hybrid system first . . . . . . 

Time will tell

Edited by busdriver1

2 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

Exactly, the deckers they use on there are euro 3, I believe one or two of their fleet are euro 6 but thats all. 

The "new" deckers are not in use yet, you would like to think they are re-instating the hybrid system first . . . . . . 

Time will tell

Noticed a reduction in the number of 'deckers, but still see the odd couple during the day. One would imagine they will be updating the 'new' ones but ...

• Like 1

As to the A61 Ring Road boundary of the CAZ, whyever is the A61 itself included in the CAZ?

The whole point of the CAZ is to deter heavy polluters from the City Centre.

And the whole point of a ring road is, er, to route heavy polluters away from the City Centre.

But the A61 is unavailable as a ring road if heavy polluters are penalised for its use!

1 minute ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

As to the A61 Ring Road boundary of the CAZ, whyever is the A61 itself included in the CAZ?

And the whole point of a ring road is, er, to route heavy polluters away from the City Centre.

But the A61 is unavailable as a ring road if heavy polluters are penalised for its use!

Council Policy, Jeffrey.

7 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Since cars are currently exempt a bit of a moot point really. Mind there are plenty people seeing the signs that dont explain this so avoiding the area.

Except with the London CCZ, which is the most well known and what most people would associate with when they see signs relating to a CAZ charge, so in general people would assume that charges would apply to everyone.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

It took a while, but the penny's dropped...