Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I would like to think Sheffielders would show their disdain / disgust for these changes, which they did not vote for, by refusing en masse to pay charges /fines.

Stick together and we are invincible.  

Aye sounds great until the CCJ comes through. Good luck and may the odds be always in your favour 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I would like to think Sheffielders would show their disdain / disgust for these changes, which they did not vote for, by refusing en masse to pay charges /fines.

And any Solicitor worth his Pension would tell you to sod off and you have NO case!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

And any Solicitor worth his Pension would tell you to sod off and you have NO case!

Do you think we should accept whatever the council tries to do then and just let it roll?

I'm glad the tree protester's didn't think like that.

Oddly enough, that was on the BBC News at 1 again, with both the Council & the Police admitting THEY WERE WRONG.

As usual.   We need to watch them like hawks.

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

I wonder if you will be singing the same tune when the bailiffs are at your door and taking your car away to pay the fine that now totals thousands.

It’s very unsafe to ignore fines which can and will be legally enforced. I have dealt with lots of people in that situation and I can tell you it’s not pleasant and best avoided. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

I wonder if you will be singing the same tune when the bailiffs are at your door and taking your car away to pay the fine that now totals thousands.

It’s very unsafe to ignore fines which can and will be legally enforced. I have dealt with lots of people in that situation and I can tell you it’s not pleasant and best avoided. 

Serious question. 

What if 1000s of people refuses to pay? 

1 minute ago, XPertByExperien said:

Then the Courts at West Bar would be rather busy... Issuing enforceable fines! Either cough up or spend time doing Porridge at His Majesty's pleasure.

I don't need to cough up. My car is exempt, for now. 

When private cars are included I'll simply not go to Sheffield.  

30 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I don't need to cough up. My car is exempt, for now. 

When private cars are included I'll simply not go to Sheffield.  

All private cars are exempt for now so no  private car owner needs to "cough up".