Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Aye because no replacements would be the same whatsoever.

Hopefully not, but it's come to a point now where many many people have absolutely no confidence in the current SCC councillor s who are not fit for purpose.

20 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

That's true!

Changing the councillors will achieve very little.

The main problem is the WAY the ideas are IMPLEMENTED - for example, including the ring-road in the CAZ! :hihi:

It's a good excuse used by the SCC apologists on here that it's a Government requirement and if we don't agree then we should complain to our councillors, BUT...
... the technicalities of how such a scheme is implemented is the responsibility of the incompetent FULL TIME employees of SCC!

They're the ones who we're paying our Council Tax to keep in a job, and they're the ones who keep coming up with these farcical ideas!

So it makes no difference who the councillors are...
... they will still be 'advised' by the same SCC 'experts', and so things will NOT change whilever we've got the same bunch of muppets 'advising' whoever the councillors may be! :roll:

Thought the idea of the ring road was to allow  people to travel round Sheffield without entering the city centre .  My brother is a self employed tradesman . He lives on Birley and got an ongoing job in Hillsborough . Before this came in he used the Parkway onto Derek Dooley  way  ,round to Shalesmoor and onto Penistone Rd , down to Hillsborough .  20 minutes on a good day . Now he is taking a longer trip  and more mileage and more time equals more pollution . The ring road is needed for people to go about their business .

• Like 2

On 06/03/2023 at 20:13, Planner1 said:

I wonder if you will be singing the same tune when the bailiffs are at your door and taking your car away to pay the fine that now totals thousands.

It’s very unsafe to ignore fines which can and will be legally enforced. I have dealt with lots of people in that situation and I can tell you it’s not pleasant and best avoided. 

No need to go down the bailiff route but hey why not try scaremongering the people.

woudl agree not to ignore the pcn as that is the wrong way

But if you want to be disruptive then 

Wait 3 weeks then make a notice of representation  stating compelling reasons asking scc to prove you were driving in air over the legal limit. This has to be done within 28 days of receiving the pcn and they have 56 days in which to reply or you can cite them not replying in time as part of your appeal,to the tribunal.

if they reject your notice of representation (again , they have to reject it inside 56 days) then make an appeal to the traffic penalty tribunal, again this can be delayed to the maximum time frame

If everyone did this process then Planners claim that bailiffs will be knocking on your door will not apply and the cost of the pcn does not increase as you go through the process so you are not incurring any costs but if enough did then the system would be overflowed with appeals and it’s a no lose situation

as an example of how long it can take. I got a pcn for parking in a car park that had 4 different prices up on its boards (silver st Sheffield) . I appealed and sent all the evidence in and it took them over 8 months to get round to it ( I won as it wasn’t clear what the price should be and the amount of time it took them to respond)

If everyone decided to appeal then the system woudl not be able to cope with it within the time scales they set out. Just look at Birmingham and how many they are writing off due to number of non payments.

there is an appeals process, use it to the max.

https://www.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/sheffield-clean-air-zone-pcn-and-appeals-process/

Edited by sheffbag

On 06/03/2023 at 20:13, Planner1 said:

I wonder if you will be singing the same tune when the bailiffs are at your door and taking your car away to pay the fine that now totals thousands.

It’s very unsafe to ignore fines which can and will be legally enforced. I have dealt with lots of people in that situation and I can tell you it’s not pleasant and best avoided. 

Have you got proof of that?

Planners don't deal with traffic fines.

Makes me wonder if you were even a planner at all.

You don't half tell some tales on here.

Back to fairyland now. 

26 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Back to fairyland now. 

To be fair, he has stated previously that he worked in civil enforcement within the council. The fine is a pcn and is subject to eventually passing to ballifs if ignored. 
I would agree with planner I’m not ignoring a council pcn.

just appeal it all the way instead

29 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

To be fair, he has stated previously that he worked in civil enforcement within the council. The fine is a pcn and is subject to eventually passing to ballifs if ignored. 
I would agree with planner I’m not ignoring a council pcn.

just appeal it all the way instead

So, he's not a planner at all then

23 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No, he's not a Planner.

He's a very naughty boy!

Must have fitted in really well at the town hall.

8 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Back to fairyland now. 

You really are an actual idiot. Someone quote this please.