Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

14 hours ago, Planner1 said:

If you’re concerned about speeding you should raise it with the police. They can and do carry out enforcement in areas of community concern.

Also, people tend not to be too good at visually estimating vehicle speed. I’ve never come across anywhere where drivers go over speed humps at 60. It would wreck the suspension.

1st bold ... and get my house burned down.

2nd bold, I have evidence of it, and if I set up my own camera, I could probably earn as much as the f1 channel if not for 1st bold.

I know you are obviously a clever and well paid, and live in decent area type guy, so you don't see this type of thing. 

6 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

2nd bold, I have evidence of it

You own a fully calibrated speed gun?

As for your house burning down if you report speeding, thays just ludicrous and not worth further discussion.

Edited by HeHasRisen

On 21/12/2022 at 12:43, Planner1 said:

There’s two on Sheaf St that are over too.

They also have a full time monitoring station in the city centre. I can’t see the results from that listed.  The table is just the diffusion tubes.

Buses that are non compliant are getting charged.

The draft CAZ order online  mentions that they will spend any surplus on their transport strategy objectives.

The boundary for the zone is Sheaf St. The monitoring stations you are referring to are on the station side of Sheaf st and are off the road so technically should not be counted as part of the zone. The map of tubes shows that they not located on the road. 

Ive found the draft CAZ order outlining what the intention is 

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/sites/default/files/docs/pollution-and-nuisance/clean air zone/draft charging documents/draft-sheffield-clean-air-zone-charging-orde-consultation.pdf

its written in usual local government language not committing to anything except wooley high level phrases (which after over 10 years of working in the PTE i know mean absolutely nothing in the real world). Appendix 5 if you really want to waste a minute of your time.

And you could have at least linked to the most recent Transport strategy https://southyorkshire-ca.gov.uk/getmedia/69c38b3f-1e97-4431-91f4-913acf315632/SCR_Transport_Report-v4-5-04-06-19-(1).pdf

mind you thats the 2020 one, which replaced the 2019 one which replaced the 2018 one. 

6 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

And you could have at least linked to the most recent Transport strategy https://southyorkshire-ca.gov.uk/getmedia/69c38b3f-1e97-4431-91f4-913acf315632/SCR_Transport_Report-v4-5-04-06-19-(1).pdf

mind you thats the 2020 one, which replaced the 2019 one which replaced the 2018 one. 

The one I linked to is the Sheffield one. 

The one you link is the city region one. The Sheffield one, plus the similar ones from Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster all feed into that one.

Yes they get updated on a regular basis.

14 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

The boundary for the zone is Sheaf St. The monitoring stations you are referring to are on the station side of Sheaf st and are off the road so technically should not be counted as part of the zone. The map of tubes shows that they not located on the road. 

If you look on the list, there are two in the Hallam University section which are listed as Sheaf Street Station side crossing and Sheaf Street Station side lamp post. 

Sheaf St is part of the CAZ.

30 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Ive found the draft CAZ order outlining what the intention is 

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/sites/default/files/docs/pollution-and-nuisance/clean air zone/draft charging documents/draft-sheffield-clean-air-zone-charging-orde-consultation.pdf

its written in usual local government language not committing to anything except wooley high level phrases (which after over 10 years of working in the PTE i know mean absolutely nothing in the real world). Appendix 5 if you really want to waste a minute of your time.

The use of surplus income from a CAZ is governed by Schedule 12 of the Transport Act 2000. Which says it can be used:

for the purpose of directly or indirectly facilitating the achievement of any of its local transport policies,

18 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

The use of surplus income from a CAZ is governed by Schedule 12 of the Transport Act 2000. Which says it can be used:

for the purpose of directly or indirectly facilitating the achievement of any of its local transport policies,

"for the purpose of directly or indirectly facilitating the achievement of any of its local transport policies,"

I know what it says but it just echoes my point. it says nothing. it says it will be used for something that , or may not, directly help achieve something within a policy somewhere tucked away .Thats about as precise as Arthur Dent trying to finding planning details 

It will be interesting to stick a FOI in this time next year to see what the running costs and income is for the scheme. 

33 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

If you look on the list, there are two in the Hallam University section which are listed as Sheaf Street Station side crossing and Sheaf Street Station side lamp post. 

Sheaf St is part of the CAZ.

Where's the boundary. if its the edge of the road then are the 2 tubes which are located off the road included? if not then where does the boundary end as cars cant go on pavements?

Edited by sheffbag

58 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

"for the purpose of directly or indirectly facilitating the achievement of any of its local transport policies,"

I know what it says but it just echoes my point. it says nothing. it says it will be used for something that , or may not, directly help achieve something within a policy somewhere tucked away .Thats about as precise as Arthur Dent trying to finding planning details 

It will be interesting to stick a FOI in this time next year to see what the running costs and income is for the scheme. 

Where's the boundary. if its the edge of the road then are the 2 tubes which are located off the road included? if not then where does the boundary end as cars cant go on pavements?

I’d hope the council would publish the accounts and statistics of the CAZ annually.

I don’t expect it will be a big earner. Experience elsewhere says that the number of charges will fall dramatically as most of the chargeable vehicles become compliant. 

If a street is within the zone it will be the whole of the highway including footways and verges, not just the carriageway. Diffusion tubes are small, just like a small test tube. They are typically mounted on lamp posts or other street furniture.