Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

So the way I see it is if you smoked say 40 cigs a day & drank everyday as well as eating unhealthy food etc and you die aged 60 years old as a result of the above your death could still be considered as a result of air pollution.

How ridiculous,I've never heard anything so stupid,why do these clowns in power think we are so gullible.

On 12/04/2023 at 21:02, Planner1 said:

As far as I’m aware, there is no safe level of particulates.

And so the fact that EVs create more particulates than ICE cars means that the SCC have actually increased the chances of death!

Yet another own goal from the SCC.

21 minutes ago, mike1961 said:

So the way I see it is if you smoked say 40 cigs a day & drank everyday as well as eating unhealthy food etc and you die aged 60 years old as a result of the above your death could still be considered as a result of air pollution.

How ridiculous,I've never heard anything so stupid,why do these clowns in power think we are so gullible.

Or if I had COVID and subsequently got run over by a bus they would probably say that I'd died from COVID,lol

4 hours ago, AndrewC said:

No and no. And no one has ever suggested otherwise.

No, of course not. What a ludicrous comment.

These two comments are like suggesting that the only plastic pollution we ever had in the country was from supermarket carrier bags, and that now there are heavy restrictions/levies on plastic carrier bag use it must therefore follow that no plastic pollution exists in the UK, otherwise the policy was a failure.

What it is with people not being able to see things in anything other than black & white?

The CAZ is one tool, to tackle part of a problem (one of the main parts). It's never been argued as anything more.

There is no problem though ,and a chargeable CAZ Zone is not the way to achieve anything,other big city's have found other non charging ways of achieving pollution targets.if we did the same a Leeds, Nottingham,Derby,etc then no one would have any issues with reducing pollution levels ,it's the charging of already struggling businesses that's the issue.