Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

Hmm, hardly a stretch to wonder why pubs in a city centre might be quiet on an Xmas Eve evening, is it?

Buses are off by 6ish, trams same sort of time, people either go home to the kids (you know, with it being Xmas Eve) or to the estate pubs. I was in town at 2pm yesterday and it was heaving.

Edited by HeHasRisen

24 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hmm, hardly a stretch to wonder why pubs in a city centre might be quiet on an Xmas Eve evening, is it?

Buses are off by 6ish, trams same sort of time, people either go home to the kids (you know, with it being Xmas Eve) or to the estate pubs. I was in town at 2pm yesterday and it was heaving.

We walked to Broomhill. Broomhill is normally heaving on CEve.

Didn't see a single person walking from West St to Broomhill.

And after 9pm, 1 person in the pub.

Edited by *_ash_*

Broomhill is way beyond the scope of this congestion area, its also not in the city centre, so not sure what point you are trying to make. Also it doesnt start for another 2 months. Certainly cack all to do with it, why Broomhill was quiet last night I have no idea.  

Edited by HeHasRisen

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Broomhill is way beyond the scope of this congestion area, its also not in the city centre, so not sure what point you are trying to make. Also it doesnt start for another 2 months. Certainly cack all to do with it, why Broomhill was quiet last night I have no idea.  

If I order a taxi from West Street to Broomhill, it won't be in the zone?

Of course it will. And thinking that one can work in a taxi and avoid using the ringroad is nonsense. Surely you can understand that?

1 minute ago, *_ash_* said:

If I order a taxi from West Street to Broomhill, it won't be in the zone?

Of course it will. And thinking that one can work in a taxi and avoid using the ringroad is nonsense. Surely you can understand that?

But it doesn't start for two months.

A congestion charging zone half a mile away (maybe more) that doesnt start for 2 months did not make Broomhill "quiet" last night. 

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

See my earlier post about bad economy (bad economy means people aren't spending money going out, which is the point), 

and now, drivers like the poster I quoted have pay an extra £10 to work in the bad economy. 

I realise why you people don't understand obviously, but I try to point things out. 

2 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

See my earlier post about bad economy (bad economy means people aren't spending money going out, which is the point), 

and now, drivers like the poster I quoted have pay an extra £10 to work in the bad economy. 

I realise why you people don't understand obviously, but I try to point things out. 

Ive been drinking all day.

As already said, a scheme that starts in 2 months did not make Broomhill quiet last night. The bars I visited in town yesterday were very busy at 2pm or so. Maybe people are finally sick of KY ripping them off up in Broomhill;)

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

But it doesn't start for two months.

A congestion charging zone half a mile away (maybe more) that doesnt start for 2 months did not make Broomhill "quiet" last night. 

I've cross-posted with you...

but you still don't get it. It's not worth trying to discuss with people who have no idea. 

Some nights (like last  night) I would go out to work, and expect to earn some decent money, and sometimes only take £20, £30. 

Now, have to pay £10 out of that. 

Can you not see it?

Whatever job you do, how would you feel if you do a shift at work and 1/3rd of it was taken by a pointless tax? 

When you aren't driving, you aren't earning, and don't give me the line about ''all taxis sit all day with their engines running'', because let me tell you, that is complete nonsense.

Nobody is having to pay a tenner out because the scheme doesnt start for two bloody months.

And again, this wasnt the reason Broomhill was quiet. As it hasnt started yet.

Christ almighty.

oh and dont put my words in my mouth, I have no beef with taxi drivers.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Nobody is having to pay a tenner out because the scheme doesnt start for two bloody months.

And again, this wasnt the reason Broomhill was quiet. As it hasnt started yet.

Christ almighty.

Christ almight indeed!!

A city that is dead on what was one of the busiest nights of the week, and no work. And this is BEFORE a new tax. How is £10 tax extra going to build the economy, pray tell?!

You know where this money will come from. Taxis will put fares up. Less people go out. Fewer pubs and restaurant customers. Already many people are skint or trying to cut back...

You have your economy ideas, mine are different. I'll agree to disagree with your economics ideas.