Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

You do know from 2030 (only 7 years away) petrol and diesel cars are banned, dont you?  Therefore the number of petrol and diesel cars on the road from 2030 will go down and down and down. 

Seems to be something the doommongers ignore.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

You do know from 2030 (only 7 years away) petrol and diesel cars are banned, dont you?  Therefore the number of petrol and diesel cars on the road from 2030 will go down and down and down. 

I believe only New petrol and diesel sales will be banned. There will still be plenty of them for a few years yet.

Besides, you miss the point. When revenue from non compliant vehicles drops sufficiently then the powers that be will change the rules to keep the pennies rolling in.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I don't think all petrol and diesel cars will be banned by the way. I think you mean the sale of new petrol and diesel cars will be banned. It will be interesting (or not) to see where all the revenue generated by VED, I know it's not called road tax,  but it's still a vehicle tax and the revenue from tax on fuels, and the Vat  on fuels will all come from.

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I believe only New petrol and diesel sales will be banned. There will still be plenty of them for a few years yet

Well yes badly worded by myself, but the rest of the statement is still factually correct. There will be no new petrol and diesel cars being made to replace the 15/20+ year ones being scrapped.

And you make it sound like its going to be a cash grab regardless of the state of the air. Again, thats doommongering.

2 minutes ago, Meltman said:

I don't think all petrol and diesel cars will be banned by the way. I think you mean the sale of new petrol and diesel cars will be banned. It will be interesting (or not) to see where all the revenue generated by VED, I know it's not called road tax,  but it's still a vehicle tax and the revenue from tax on fuels, and the Vat  on fuels will all come from.

Yes it was badly worded on my part. However the numbers of petrol/diesel cars on the road will still reduce, see above.

Edited by HeHasRisen

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well yes badly worded by myself, but the rest of the statement is still factually correct. There will be no new petrol and diesel cars being made to replace the 15/20+ year ones being scrapped.

And you make it sound like its going to be a cash grab regardless of the state of the air. Again, thats doommongering.

I guess in time we will see 👍

12 minutes ago, Meltman said:

My bold 

Road pricing and 'congestion charges' perhaps?

Edited by The_DADDY

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I guess in time we will see 👍

My bold 

Road pricing and 'congestion charges' perhaps?

Maybe, who knows eh? There could be several ways, including those you mentioned, of raising the "missing" revenue. 

On 19/04/2023 at 14:11, Meltman said:

You're right. its called vehicle tax - if that description is good enough for the govt its good enough for me https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/vehicle-tax-mot-insurance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Obviously nothing better to do than constantly re posting Facebook links.

You really need to get a life !