Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

I'm still baffled why the A61 Ring Road is itself in the CAZ (rather than just everything inwards from the A61, which would have enabled non-compliant vehicles to avoid causing whatever pollution they might cause to the City Centre).

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

4 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

I'm still baffled why the A61 Ring Road is itself in the CAZ (rather than just everything inwards from the A61, which would have enabled non-compliant vehicles to avoid causing whatever pollution they might cause to the City Centre).

Yup - some of us flagged this up nigh on 4 years ago  - and am sure I wasn't the first.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/468612-sheffield-clean-air-zone/?tab=comments#comment-8260201

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

In a word. Money.

Both in captures from those vehicles that need to use the ring road as there's no other viable alternate & cameras, There are a lot more road from the ring road into the centre than there are on to the ring road.

Including park square roundabout is one of the most baffling though, given that every other roundabout on the ring road isn't camera'd giving you the opportunity to go around it and back away from the CAZ

• Like 2

On 19/05/2023 at 10:14, Resident said:

In a word. Money.......

Including park square roundabout is one of the most baffling though, given that every other roundabout on the ring road isn't camera'd giving you the opportunity to go around it and back away from the CAZ

Not quite true - the "roundabout" at the bottom of Granville Rd is a trap because the CAZ isn't even signed until you've missed the last turn off, onto Queens Rd. I remain convinced that the failure to sign is a contravention of the requirements of a CAZ and would therefore be valid grounds for appeal.

31 minutes ago, scimdaz said:

Not quite true - the "roundabout" at the bottom of Granville Rd is a trap because the CAZ isn't even signed until you've missed the last turn off, onto Queens Rd. I remain convinced that the failure to sign is a contravention of the requirements of a CAZ and would therefore be valid grounds for appeal.

Pretty sure it's signed coming down Granville Road. 

In other hilarious news, only FIVE people turned up to their protest this afternoon 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1