Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

13 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

If a vehicle, any vehicle passes an MOT and is deemed roadworthy, including it's emissions,  that used to be good enough.

i know what you mean, change can be annoying.

but i'm old enough to remember seat belts becoming law, unleaded petrol, strict drink-driving  laws.

(and there's probably a few changes that i've forgotten)

people moan about these things, life goes on, but without breathing in vaporized lead, driving drunk, etc.

29 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I hadnt given you a second of thought tbh, but nice for you to reply to my innocuous post with an insult on your return.

Think you can go in the Fan Club tbh.

It wasn't an insult though ,it was the truth 

On 17/04/2023 at 15:40, Planner1 said:

I’ve seen no actual proof that the committee chair lied.

Some people on here said that and explained why they thought that. That isn’t conclusive proof and I would have expected people to be taking the matter further if they seriously thought that a politician was telling outright lies on an important issue.

It was said to me by people I know at SCC that the only way the CAZ would have achieved its objectives was to include the inner ring road.

Yes other cities have introduced non charging CAZ’s but some have introduced charging CAZ’s. It isn’t a one size fits all. They have introduced what they have calculated and modelled would work in their city and produce the desired results.

The committee chair addressed the point on why SCC hadn’t been able to amend their CAZ to a less restrictive one or suspend introduction and said that they had asked the government but they had refused, saying Sheffield was further in the process than the places which amended / suspended their proposals. Some on here say that is incorrect but again I’ve seen no conclusive proof. Again I’d expect people to be taking the politician to task if they genuinely thought lies had been told.

@Planner1 as you know i put an FOI before i took any further participation.

The FOI asked the following questions

1. Has Sheffield City Council ever appealed to have the CAZ mandate withdrawn.

2. If so, when did these appeals take place.

3. What grounds did the appeals state as reason for non implementation.

4. What decision was reached for the appeal

As you can see the first question is very direct as it relates to the claim by SCC committee chair which you refused to acknowledge was false like all her other claims

This afternoon i received the reply quoted below

"Please find Sheffield City Council’s response to your request set out below:

Sheffield City Council has not appealed to have the CAZ mandate withdrawn."

If you think ive edited this I can give you the FOI reference or even email you the response.

So now do you believe that she lied to the public on air? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f0kwfb

Go to around the 8 minute mark 

Edited by sheffbag
  • Like 1