Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

16 minutes ago, mike1961 said:

No its not b+llocks at all ,you can't say to one person for example driving a Vauxhall estate car you can go in to the CAZ zone with no charge but the other person driving the Vauxhall car derived van you have to pay the CAZ charge even though they both have the same engines fitted emitting the same exhaust fumes.

If this stupid poorly executed CAZ Zone charge was all about clean air then both vehicles would be charged ,end of.

No, you are talking rubbish. 

If a Euro 6 compliant engine from a 71 plate Ford Focus was put into a 71 plate Ford Transit, NEITHER would be charged.  

It's not one size fits all. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

If a Euro 6 compliant engine from a 71 plate Ford Focus was put into a 71 plate Ford Transit, NEITHER would be charged.  

See you in court then !

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

What on earth are you on about? 

Show me a document that states Euro 6 diesel vans have to pay the CAZ charge in Sheffield please. 

I have all day. 

Hey Dumbo ,I'm not on about Euro 6 engines ,I'm talking about Euro 5 Diesel Engines that are fitted in many car derived vans and also in cars themselves .same engines same emmisions,the van pays the car doesn't, that wouldn't stand up in a court of law.

5 minutes ago, mike1961 said:

Hey Dumbo ,I'm not on about Euro 6 engines ,I'm talking about Euro 5 Diesel Engines that are fitted in many car derived vans and also in cars themselves .same engines same emmisions,the van pays the car doesn't, that wouldn't stand up in a court of law.

Right OK, and how do you seemingly know what sort of engine Hackey Lad has in his Lambo? 

Eh? 

Dumbo.  Have you forgotten what your original claim was? 

4 hours ago, mike1961 said:

But if you had a small van with the same engine from your car which a lot of smaller vans do you would have to pay

How do you know what engine his car has? 

This should be interesting. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

30 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hmmm... :huh:

You're completely missing the point once again, Mr Bargepole Mr Risen!

If a non-compliant van engine was put in a private car they would not have to pay the charge!

So the argument is, why aren't private cars being charged if they have the same engine? :roll:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

If a non-compliant van engine was put in a private car they would not have to pay the charge!

So the argument is, why aren't private cars being charged if they have the same engine? :roll:

How does he know Hackeys Lambo engine would be non compliant in a van? 

I am aware of the wider issue.  Quite frankly as a driver of a 72 plate petrol car I couldn't really give a rats. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

How does he know Hackeys Lambo engine would be non compliant in a van? 

I am aware of the wider issue.  Quite frankly as a driver of a 72 plate petrol car I couldn't really give a rats. 

No-one cares about Mr Hackey's fictitious Lambo.

You're just using it to try to deflect from the fact that once again you've been proved to be wrong! :hihi:

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

No-one cares about Mr Hackey's fictitious Lambo.

You're just using it to try to deflect from the fact that once again you've been proved to be wrong! :hihi:

Erm, no. He said "your car" to Hackey. So how does he know what engine it has? 

Answer: he doesn't. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Exactly,at least you have some common sense