Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

17 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't care if no motorists match the criteria you mention, it's the principle. My uncle actually has no internet, telephone, mobile-phone contract actually and drives. 

It's another sign of New World Order, no mobile phone, no travel, no digital device, no travel. 

I really hate this assumption that everyone has a smart mobile phone. 

tell him to ring 0114 273 4567 and ask them.

4 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

tell him to ring 0114 273 4567 and ask them.

Birminghams site says this:

You can pay online using the Government's payment system or you can call the Government's Clean Air Zone team on 0300 029 8888 for assistance.

Given all the CAZ zones use the Gov.uk site for payments, I assume this phone number is a national call centre that can take payments for all zones, not just Birmingham. Not ringing it to check.

Cue "what about if people dont have a landline", or "what about if they dont have a debit card and they want to pay by postal order"....

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You can pay online using the Government's payment system or you can call the Government's Clean Air Zone team on 0300 029 8888 for assistance.

Given all the CAZ zones use the Gov.uk site for payments, I assume this phone number is a national call centre that can take payments for all zones, not just Birmingham. Not ringing it to check.

Cue "what about if people dont have a landline", or "what about if they dont have a debit card and they want to pay by postal order"....

ive got some groats in the cupboard if they are any help

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

No land-line - use a mobile - anyone's. No debit card = bank transfer. 😀

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

No land-line - use a mobile - anyone's. No debit card = bank transfer. 😀

Well yes, I am just wonder what other barriers LovePotion...I mean Irene is now going to throw up.

"My uncle only sends cheques through the post".....

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well yes, I am just wonder what other barriers LovePotion...I mean Irene is now going to throw up.

"My uncle only sends cheques through the post".....

I get that - my thoughts exactly, which is why I offered alternatives. 😉

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

I get that - my thoughts exactly, which is why I offered alternatives. 😉

May as well predict it all now.

"He pays for his car insurance through a High Street broker and pays in cash. He pays for all his petrol in cash. He buys his VED from the Post Office every year and pays in cash".

Have I missed anything? 😄

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Don't think so. Hang on - what about water/power/Council Tax?

"He pays for all his utility bills and council tax at the local Asda, using their PayPoint machine, in cash".

😁

To be fair, I ONCE paid a water bill that way, I had a bit of cash in my wallet and it needed paying so I just went and did it at the local petrol station. Its on a monthly DD these days though.

Edited by HeHasRisen

I do not know much. about all this congestion milarky , but a taxi from London Road. To the Burncross  cost £23  yesterday . So around 20 mins run at over a pound a minute should cover a tenner a day shunt it .

Edited by cuttsie