Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

15 hours ago, mike1961 said:

Good to see someone won an appeal against the unfair and unwanted CAZ Charge in Sheffield.

Let's hope others now start to pile the pressure on SCC and get this nonsense stopped for good.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1801903783494447/permalink/2077150215969801/?sfnsn=scwspmo&ref=share

Lots of people win appeals against civil penalties every week. One person winning an appeal is no big deal.

On 11/07/2023 at 21:54, rogets said:

I think something needs to be done about the football traffic, there are so many parked cars causing a hazard especially near Hillsborough.

I know when we go to a match, we struggle to find somewhere to park because of all the inconsiderate football fans parking.

If not cameras, just stop all diesel cars from parking and any petrol car that was registered before 2019?

That will reduced the numbers parking on match day

I'm guessing your petrol car was registered after 2019

4 hours ago, Planner1 said:

Lots of people win appeals against civil penalties every week. One person winning an appeal is no big deal.

Oh it is a big deal,it's the start of many nails in the coffin against this totally unjust and unfair CAZ Zone charge.

2 hours ago, mike1961 said:

Oh it is a big deal,it's the start of many nails in the coffin against this totally unjust and unfair CAZ Zone charge.

The appeal appeared to be on the basis of an alleged deficiency in signing. Do you know the details?

1 hour ago, Planner1 said:

The appeal appeared to be on the basis of an alleged deficiency in signing. Do you know the details?

No I don't and to be honest I don't really care this whole CAZ charging scheme is wrong and so so unfair .it needs to end now.more people will hopefully appeal against SCC and win.

1 hour ago, HumbleNarrator said:

The ring roads should NOT be included in the CAZ zone.

None of the roads should be included in a chargeable CAZ Zone 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-66324287

minimum of £250K in fines incorrectly issued

12 days to even notice this

This is interesting though and i dont know legally whether the council can do this as its an incorrect payment taken

"A spokesperson said for those who had already paid their fine the council would retain the cost of the CAZ charge and refund the outstanding amount."