Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

Just now, Planner1 said:

What valid content?

The old one that a broken down vehicle shouldn’t be allowed to result in the ring road being blocked?

The poster I was replying to was implying that there is more that could be done to prevent this happening. I’ve asked what they think that is. They have tried to turn it on me as if I should know as I’m a transport planner. They are the one who is suggesting more could be done, it’s legitimate to ask what exactly they think that is.

He was digging me out over a comment weeks ago where I said I dont really care that in some instances an unexempt engine in a van would be exempt if it was moved to a car.  Unfair? Yes. But it doesnt impact me so I dont really give a toss.

11 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hi there Mike. Please quote the posts you refer to and I will ensure I reply to them. I have already told you I dont really care if older private cars will end up getting charged as I drive a nice shiny new(ish) 72 plate car and so will be unaffected. Enjoy your day :) 

Hi there Mike. Please quote the posts you refer to and I will ensure I reply to them. I have already told you I dont really care if older private cars will end up getting charged as I drive a nice shiny new(ish) 72 plate car and so will be unaffected. Enjoy your day :) 

Your spot on Mr Risen ,but for once imagine you had for example a Vauxhall car derived van shall we say a diesel on a 64 plate which is chargeable in the CAZ zone but a Vauxhall estate car with exactly the same diesel engine on the same 64 plate drives past you and enters the CAZ zone and doesn't have to pay anything.

How is that fair and justifiable?

And please don't say I don't care as it doesn't affect me ,that answer is not valid and is not allowed.

Over to you Mr Risen 

Your spot on Mr Risen ,but for once imagine you had for example a Vauxhall car derived van shall we say a diesel on a 64 plate which is chargeable in the CAZ zone but a Vauxhall estate car with exactly the same diesel engine on the same 64 plate drives past you and enters the CAZ zone and doesn't have to pay anything.

And please don't say I don't care as it doesn't affect me ,that answer is not valid and is not allowed.

Over to you Mr Risen 

Over to you Mr Risen 

Over to you Mr Risen 

Over to you Mr Risen 

Over to you Mr Risen 

Over to you Mr Risen 

Over to you Mr Risen 

Over to you Mr Risen 

Over to you Mr Risen 

Over to you Mr Risen 

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Not really, it's hard to give a toss when it doesn't affect me in the slightest. 

Still not a valid answer ,try a little empathy which I understand may be difficult for you.

My point really is irrespective whether it affects you directly as an individual or not.

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I would only be repeating myself at this point tbh, I couldn't care less. They can start charging all cars prior to a 71 plate as far as I am concerned. 

So I'll take that as a confirmation that the current CAZ charging set up is unfair and unjust?.