Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

So why can't someone else make a legal challenge to it? Is there no mechanism to allow this? 

Needs someone with brains so that rules you out.

4 hours ago, Planner1 said:

The government set all the parameters for CAZ’s, the councils who were mandated to introduce them just had to decide which type to use and produce a business case justifying how that would resolve the illegal air quality issue.

Other places have introduced charging CAZ’s and there doesn’t appear to have been any massive backlash against them.

If you do want to clean up the air I think it’s natural to target the vehicles that get used the most. The van that does 13k miles a year is going to produce more pollutants in that year than the car that does 7k miles. So, if by introducing a charge, you persuade the van owner to use a cleaner vehicle instead, you’ve achieved your aim. 

So are you saying there was no backlash in Manchester or in the proposed ULEZ extension areas that Sadiq Khan is trying to impose?

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm surprised he still posts as I think almost everyone on SF has bettered him at one time or another. 

"you can't say something won't happen as they haven't said it won't happen", or words to that effect, was a corker of a line the other day tbf. Dunno how he kept a straight face. 

• Haha 1