Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

On 05/08/2023 at 01:13, Planner1 said:

And you know this how?

Have you or anyone else surveyed the whole populace within the M25 and determined objectively whether they are honest, hard working, and support the ULEZ?

the london Mayors own consultation survey in 2022 showed that 71% of people in the outer london areas were opposed to the ULEZ expansion

There have been numerous surveys and even taking the most positive ones, not surprisingly run by TFL, there is not one group where storngly support is bigger than strongly oppose - https://citymonitor.ai/transport/londoners-really-think-ulez-expansion

There are petitions on change.org with over quarter of a million signatrues.

5 councils launched a legal appeal

Your comment is invalid as none can survey the whole populace and you know that but I would bet you cannot find a positive survey for the ULEZ expansion 

On 04/08/2023 at 14:54, HeHasRisen said:

Or, just maybe, they think the limits can be lowered by a category C zone only without the need to upgrade to a category B or A zone. Not everything is a conspiracy. Well, maybe on here it is. 

limits are already under 40

Just now, sheffbag said:

the london Mayors own consultation survey in 2022 showed that 71% of people in the outer london areas were opposed to the ULEZ expansion

There have been numerous surveys and even taking the most positive ones, not surprisingly run by TFL, there is not one group where storngly support is bigger than strongly oppose - https://citymonitor.ai/transport/londoners-really-think-ulez-expansion

There are petitions on change.org with over quarter of a million signatrues.

5 councils launched a legal appeal

Your comment is invalid as none can survey the whole populace and you know that but I would bet you cannot find a positive survey for the ULEZ expansion 

limits are already under 40

Except by the train station, yes? 

On 04/08/2023 at 16:05, HeHasRisen said:

So why can't someone else make a legal challenge to it? Is there no mechanism to allow this? 

to be honest i dont know the answer to that. People are paying without looking into the reasons why. There is no legal reason why anyone who doesnt go past Sheffield station or the Arundal gate/Waingate section should pay because the air at every other monitoring station is under 40.

However Bristol is simply writing off fines when challenged over the wording they are using in the PCN's and other discepencies within the process. Including signage on the way in. 

It may well take one person to take them to court over a fine to set the legal precedent to do this. 

Edited by sheffbag

28 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

It may well take one person to take them to court over a fine to set the legal precedent to do this. 

Going to the high court to challenge a penalty is very expensive.

There have been cases where people have done that and lost and been faced with enormous costs leading them to sell their house to pay them. Not something to be considered lightly.

36 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Except by the train station, yes? 

2022 results show the train station, Arundal gate and Waingate are the only areas over 40

The train station results are caused "primarily by the emissions from the diesel trains" - SCC's own clean air report. Or put another way, during the pandemic when traffic on the road was the lowest it could be that monitoring station still returned a result over 40. 

1 hour ago, Planner1 said:

Going to the high court to challenge a penalty is very expensive.

There have been cases where people have done that and lost and been faced with enormous costs leading them to sell their house to pay them. Not something to be considered lightly.

Justice is now priced outside of the pocket of the ordinary person which is a disgrace, but it keeps the plebs in line. My solicitor was charging £348 an hour.

Edited by Anna B

7 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Justice is now priced outside of the pocket of the ordinary person which is a disgrace, but it keeps the plebs in line. My solicitor was charging £348 an hour.

WHAT!!!

That is simply not on....... how do they justify that.

On 07/08/2023 at 11:11, Anna B said:

He/she wouldn’t be my solicitor for very long with an hourly rate like that.

Edited by crookesey

On 07/08/2023 at 11:11, Anna B said:

£348 per HOUR????

Christ almighty. The last time I paid anyone 348 quid an hour it certainly wasn't a solicitor. 

It was an epic hour though 😎 

• Haha 1