Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

On 25/12/2022 at 22:32, HeHasRisen said:

But it doesn't start for two months.

A congestion charging zone half a mile away (maybe more) that doesnt start for 2 months did not make Broomhill "quiet" last night. 

Yeah, they were practicing for when it does start.

24 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

there you go then answered your own question, who would? its a killer for older people especially with luggage....................and maybe the hard of thinking

I drop people there all the time tbh. Saves battling the traffic down the hill.

18 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

whatever that is and that type of truck will be out of the price for the owner operator.

grants yes mountains of paperwork and proving how skint you are.

they didnt try very hard then did they??

its a big myth and nowhere near as bad as the doom mongers say, i thought it was carbon dioxide not nitrogen???, the vehicles you mention allow the city to operate. 

If you werent skint, you could afford to pay a tenner a day. Cant have yer cake and eat it. Either fill in a few forms and get some free money, or pay the tenner daily. Seems fair enough to me.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Its been years since I was last in Sheffield city centre so I know nothing about the pollution levels or congestion. I do however pass Prince of Wales Road in a morning where cars are at stand-still on the Parkway heading into Sheffield. The air is acrid. I wouldn't want to go any closer to the town centre than that. With the way people are going on about it on here, you would think the damage to their brains has already been done.

Many people will be thinking that private car owners will eventually be put on the list or the zone widened, which, of course it will. 

People do have a choice though with modal shift or change where they work. 

2 hours ago, ab6262 said:

whatever that is and that type of truck will be out of the price for the owner operator.

grants yes mountains of paperwork and proving how skint you are.

they didnt try very hard then did they??

its a big myth and nowhere near as bad as the doom mongers say, i thought it was carbon dioxide not nitrogen???, the vehicles you mention allow the city to operate. 

So, you know every owner operator and how much they can afford?

The grant isn’t means tested. If someone was offering me a grant of up to £16k and subsidised finance, I think I could be bothered to fill a few forms out.

How do you know they didn’t try very hard? Have you got some evidence?

A big myth? Really? So all the measurements showing poor air quality don’t really exist? The environmental activists didn’t take the government to court and win and there aren’t really going to be huge fines passported to local councils if the government is found wanting by the courts?

Yes Nitrogen Dioxide is the main pollutant that CAZ’s are about.

Interesting that you come on here and spout negativity about things you clearly know very little about. Perhaps you should do some research before posting more nonsense.

9 hours ago, Planner1 said:

The station isn’t in the CAZ.

Stop posting irrelevant twaddle.

Planner 1.

When did this change; (I know the post is over 10 years old).

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/265123-sheffield-council-to-decide-the-fate-of-your-anpr-data/page/23/?tab=comments#comment-3227470

"The Council's system does not spy on people, it tracks a vehicle movement via the number plate, our system holds no personal data, we don't know who you are and don't want to."

Has legislation changed eg the Data Protection Act? Or is it HMG? Have Sheffield drivers (and others) been notified of the change of use of their personal data?

Edited by Longcol

Perhaps SCC should be clearer on the CAZ website about the location of the CAZ. Guidance seems amateurish,

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/campaigns/clean-air-zone-sheffield

Top of page;

Sheffield’s clean air zone will go-live from Monday 27 February 2023.

"This is a class C chargeable zone for the most polluting heavy goods vehicles (HGVs), light goods vehicles (LGVs), vans, buses, coaches and taxi’s that drive within the inner ring road and city centre."

Seems pretty definitive, and a lot of folk would leave it at that - unless you click on the link lower down -  "where is the clean air zone";

"The Clean Air Zone covers the inner ring road and city centre".

9 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Perhaps SCC should be clearer on the CAZ website about the location of the CAZ. Guidance seems amateurish,

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/campaigns/clean-air-zone-sheffield

Top of page;

Sheffield’s clean air zone will go-live from Monday 27 February 2023.

"This is a class C chargeable zone for the most polluting heavy goods vehicles (HGVs), light goods vehicles (LGVs), vans, buses, coaches and taxi’s that drive within the inner ring road and city centre."

Seems pretty definitive, and a lot of folk would leave it at that - unless you click on the link lower down -  "where is the clean air zone";

"The Clean Air Zone covers the inner ring road and city centre".

Where are you supposed to pay? 

The signs say check online, but there's nothing I can find. Will the signs tell you how to pay?