Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Daddy, if you call into "Padders Bar" and see Eileen, she will give you all the information you need regarding "Congested Zones"

All for the price of a Babysham.

On my way Padders 

Save me a parking space.....

giphy-8.gif

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been stung,.. received a PCN for £70 for driving through it a month ago. I cannot even remember doing it, when you've driven on the ring road millions of times it's so easy to forget about it. Needless to say I'm a bit peed off!

Edited by Colin Foster
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, mike1961 said:

Interesting to see that signage used in London's planned ULEZ expansion has been deemed illegal.

Would be a pity if SCC signage also fell foul of the law and they had to refund all the charges collected as a consequence.

Here's hoping!

They've already had to refund people because they can't tell the time :hihi:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

I've been stung,.. received a PCN for £70 for driving through it a month ago. I cannot even remember doing it, when you've driven on the ring road millions of times it's so easy to forget about it. Needless to say I'm a bit peed off!

youve got the PCN so nothing to lose. appeal it asking for where you drove through it and when. then ask them to prove you were driving in air deemed illegal. 

nothing to lose and if they dont respond within the allowed time period then you win the appeal. 

I would also check to see what literature they have sent you as i know other people have won because different authorities have put the wrong reference on so its a procedural error by SCC if they have put anything incorrect

Edited by sheffbag

4 hours ago, sheffbag said:

youve got the PCN so nothing to lose. appeal it asking for where you drove through it and when. then ask them to prove you were driving in air deemed illegal. 

nothing to lose and if they dont respond within the allowed time period then you win the appeal. 

I would also check to see what literature they have sent you as i know other people have won because different authorities have put the wrong reference on so its a procedural error by SCC if they have put anything incorrect

Interesting...

Maybe if everyone who doesn't agree with the charge appealed it, it would clog up the system so that the Council runs out of time to reconsider it...

Better than just moaning about it, and feeling powerless?

Reported on Radio Sheffield this morning that SCC has made £1.8 million in charges & penalties from the congestion charge since Feb. 

In fact they've made more out of the penalties than the actual charge itself. 

All the money has to be spent on further clean air / environmental charges, (fair enough); the spokesman on this morning stated that they'd be looking to invest it in additional cycle lanes & walking projects.