Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

No no no no they earn loads of money, can drive wherever they want, have parties at the Town Hall and get their streets cleared of snow first in the winter!!!

Yep all very true ,most of them wouldn't know a days hard work if it slapped them in the face.

They are ineffective and incompetent and grossly overpaid.

1 minute ago, mike1961 said:

Yep all very true ,most of them wouldn't know a days hard work if it slapped them in the face.

They are ineffective and incompetent and grossly overpaid.

You think £13k per year is being "grossly overpaid"?

🤣

Edited by HeHasRisen

How do you know what the minions get paid?

A post on the last page literally tells you how much they get paid, it's a matter of public record as they are elected officials. I wasn't on about civil servants. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

A post on the last page literally tells you how much they get paid, it's a matter of public record. 

Well £13k a year is below full time minimum wage for a full-time employee which should receive over £21k so they need to sue SCC

Just now, mike1961 said:

Well £13k a year is below full time minimum wage for a full-time employee which should receive over £21k so they need to sue SCC

It's not classed as a wage, so that's probably the get out. Every local authority in the country is similar. 

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

A post on the last page literally tells you how much they get paid, it's a matter of public record. 

Anyway I wasn't talking about the general workers I was talking about them at the top creaming off all the public's money and doing nothing effective for it.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

It's not classed as a wage, so that's probably the get out. Every local authority in the country is similar. 

Rubbish ,wherever you work by law you have to be paid minimum wage 

Anyway I wasn't talking about the general workers I was talking about them at the top creaming off all the public's money and doing nothing effective for it.

You clearly don't own a business yourself 

23 minutes ago, mike1961 said:

The allowance they get is for working as a representative of the electorate. It isn’t classed as full time employment. Most Councillors also have a job.

30 minutes ago, mike1961 said:

The conversation taking place was about councillors allowances, not the wages of council workers or senior officers.