Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

25 minutes ago, mike1961 said:

I wouldn't pay any of the senior officers who make the decisions in bent washers!

1 hour ago, mike1961 said:

wherever you work by law you have to be paid minimum wage

Ah OK. Nice contradiction on the same page, mind. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Thanks 1

On 29/08/2023 at 09:52, sheffbag said:

youve got the PCN so nothing to lose. appeal it asking for where you drove through it and when. then ask them to prove you were driving in air deemed illegal. 

nothing to lose and if they dont respond within the allowed time period then you win the appeal. 

I would also check to see what literature they have sent you as i know other people have won because different authorities have put the wrong reference on so its a procedural error by SCC if they have put anything incorrect

more work, more people, more bureaucrasy (   excessively complicated administrative procedure)more expenditure

On 29/08/2023 at 09:52, sheffbag said:

youve got the PCN so nothing to lose. appeal it asking for where you drove through it and when. then ask them to prove you were driving in air deemed illegal. 

nothing to lose and if they dont respond within the allowed time period then you win the appeal. 

I would also check to see what literature they have sent you as i know other people have won because different authorities have put the wrong reference on so its a procedural error by SCC if they have put anything incorrect

It does have a photo of my van and states where it was taken. I will appeal purely because as you say nothing to lose but wont hold my breath.

If they'd sent a notice in the first place telling me I needed to pay the charge I'd have been fine with that (not that I agree with it but anyway),  But no, leave it nearly a month before telling me and slap an extra 60 quid on. Disgusting!

11 minutes ago, Colin Foster said:

It does have a photo of my van and states where it was taken. I will appeal purely because as you say nothing to lose but wont hold my breath.

If they'd sent a notice in the first place telling me I needed to pay the charge I'd have been fine with that (not that I agree with it but anyway),  But no, leave it nearly a month before telling me and slap an extra 60 quid on. Disgusting!

You wouldn't get a reminder to pay the tenner anyway. Onus is on the driver to do it before day 7.

Either way you were getting a 60 quid invoice in the post. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

16 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

You wouldn't get a reminder to pay the tenner anyway. Onus is on the driver to do it before day 7.

Either way you were getting a 60 quid invoice in the post. 

where does it say that though.

"charges apply, check online"

no signage saying what site or what charge

1 minute ago, sheffbag said:

where does it say that though.

"charges apply, check online"

no signage saying what site or what charge

That doesn't change my statement. No reminders to pay the tenner are sent.  Not arguing anything else. 

Edited by HeHasRisen