Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Its been like that for a number of years. Also pretty sure signage leading up to there tells you its a no through route. Road layouts in any city change all the time, go and try and drive around Leeds or Manchester. Google Maps is invaluable.

You cant search Google Maps for "plant pots".

No it hasn't. Last Time I went down it was open, able to go down Pinstone street and onto the ring road.

Didn't see any notices about it being a no through route, neither did the 3 cars I was queuing behind, also doing a 3 point turn. 

8 minutes ago, Fred G said:

I totally agree with Anna B I won't go into town anymore its a total  nightmare. Also what happens if you don't have internet to search Google? 

Do some research before you go? 

I wouldn't dream of driving into an unfamiliar city without doing at least 5 minutes of research before I go about the route etc. People who blindly drive somewhere unfamiliar and then moan the toss afterwards deserve all they get, sorry to be blunt.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

So,  out of curiosity or just plain nosiness I thought I'd have a look on Google Maps for myself and see what these mystical "plant pots " look like. Well what a surprise...I managed to navigate along Surrey street and turn into Pinstone street,  along with other cars! Now, hang on,  even I know that Pinstone street doesn't allow cars anymore (I read it somewhere) and then spotted a date in the bottom corner of the screen.  7 years ago! I  eventually found the current, up to date version and lo and behold Surrey street is blocked off, not by nice plant pots but ruddy great lumps of concrete. Oh and the up to date version is dated 2021  so good luck to anyone wanting a more up to date version ,you will have to wait!

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Do some research before you go? 

I wouldn't dream of driving into an unfamiliar city without doing at least 5 minutes of research before I go about the route etc. People who blindly drive somewhere unfamiliar and then moan the toss afterwards deserve all they get, sorry to be blunt.

Who needs research?

I'm still using my,                  AA. Large scale atlas.

Great Britain. 2000.

Giant 2-4 miles to 1 inch scale.

Wonder why I keep getting lost.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Who needs research?

Great Britain. 2000.

At least you know how to read a map Padders. That's a lot more than some people do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Who needs research?

Great Britain. 2000.

The sat nav in my old car didnt have the new A14 around Huntingdon towards Cambridge on it, a journey I regularly made, each time for about 8 miles the sat nav had me driving through fields.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Meltman said:

At least you know how to read a map Padders. That's a lot more than some people do.

Once got lost on my way to Butlins at Filey...

Finished up on a country lane going nowhere, I said to my wife, "Look for a sign, any sign will do"

After a while she said "I've seen a sign"

I said "What does it say"

She said "FRESH EGGS FOR SALE"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3