Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

41 minutes ago, Fred G said:

I was born in the city 73 years ago, I need my car to get around due to ill health. Catching a bus or tram is no good because you end up well away from where you need to be. 

I'm in the same boat Fred, even with a blue badge it's hard to get near to where you want to go.

And while we're  on the subject, I find all the new tech a nightmare as well. I'm not stupid, but apart from a few internet manouvers that I'm familiar with, I'm lost, and a lot of people I know are in the same position..

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I'm in the same boat Fred, even with a blue badge it's hard to get near to where you want to go.

And while we're  on the subject, I find all the new tech a nightmare as well. I'm not stupid, but apart from a few internet manouvers that I'm familiar with, I'm lost, and a lot of people I know are in the same position..

Lets face it Anna, you'll not get far in a boat, no moorings on the River Don.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fred G said:

I was born in the city 73 years ago, I need my car to get around due to ill health. Catching a bus or tram is no good because you end up well away from where you need to be. 

You could get a cab if you aren’t confident driving in the city centre and bus/tram doesn’t take you close enough.

1 hour ago, Planner1 said:

You could get a cab if you aren’t confident driving in the city centre and bus/tram doesn’t take you close enough.

A cab might not be able to get close enough either with so many roads closed and much pedestrianised.

Edited by Anna B

19 minutes ago, Anna B said:

A cab might not be able to get close enough either with so many roads closed and much pedestrianised.

You can get pretty close to the pedestrianised bits by car, but Shopmobility on Eldon Street hire out mobility scooters and wheelchairs for those who find it difficult to get around on foot 

Well, just got a response to my FOI request about the comments made by Julie Grucott on Radio Sheffield in Feb as a follow up to my earlier FOI request about SCC appealing the mandate.

Looks like someone was lying on air.....................

1. Has SCC ever asked the govt formally or informally to not remove the mandate. If so then when were these requests made and who by

No.

2. Has the govt ever indicated to SCC formally or informally that they would run the scheme if SCC refused to.

No, although a failure to implement the scheme would have resulted in a breach of a legal duty, giving rise to risk of judicial review proceedings, complaints of maladministration, and enforcement action by the Office for Environmental Protection.