Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

29 minutes ago, mike1961 said:

Obviously though in your book Mr planner Ms Grucott can't be accused of lying  on air unless she was openly intending to deceive of course, Lol

Snigger all you like, but the common interpretation of lying involves there being an intention to deceive.

We don’t know that there was. 

11 hours ago, Planner1 said:

Snigger all you like, but the common interpretation of lying involves there being an intention to deceive.

We don’t know that there was. 

And that'll be her get-out. She'll claim she was fed information that was 'mis-interpreted' by a staffer.

We'll then get the iconic "lessons will be learned" line. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Resident said:

And that'll be her get-out. She'll claim she was fed information that was 'mis-interpreted' by a staffer.

We'll then get the iconic "lessons will be learned" line. 

Lead Members are normally directly briefed by a senior officer ( Head of Service) and others on important issues like this. Briefing notes are usually supplied.

If the Member had been involved in the CAZ project for some time, I would expect them to be well aware of this point (ie had government been asked to rescind/suspend the mandate to impose a CAZ, as other cities had done).

3 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Lead Members are normally directly briefed by a senior officer ( Head of Service) and others on important issues like this. Briefing notes are usually supplied.

If the Member had been involved in the CAZ project for some time, I would expect them to be well aware of this point (ie had government been asked to rescind/suspend the mandate to impose a CAZ, as other cities had done).

I’ll be honest planner. I was surprised at your first reaction saying she had questions to answer. Like I say, I’m waiting for a couple more responses before I go forward

but I’m sorry but her quote is ‘my office has spoke time and time and time again to the govt….and the govt always said no and that we had our mandate, if we didn’t implement it they would come in and run it’

that is not a briefing note quote, that is her talking about the department she heads up and the information she gave out was false as proven by the foi response.

she has been involved with the caz for a long time there is no ‘wrong briefing ‘ here based on the evidence. I stand by what I said previously

she lied on air 

• Like 1