Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

6 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

You can get a pint a half time if your really desperate.  Most people just go to the pub before the game and then some have another after the game.

I'm sure most people can survive 90 minutes without it.....but not everyone.....obviously 😃😒

On 06/09/2023 at 11:54, Planner1 said:

I don’t think you can deny that weather is a significant factor in air quality at any particular location. You need to look at longer term trends to decide whether something is effective in improving it.

I never denied that the weather could have an effect in pollution, but, the fact remains that Glasgow introduced a very significant restriction on people's lives that cannot have an effect significant enough to justify its draconian imposition.

It really is no wonder it was in an SNP controlled area because they did exactly the same with masks during Covid, keeping them far longer than England, or even Wales. And they did not have a significant positive effect either as masked Scotland's Covid stats were worse than unmasked England's, not once, but twice.... (censored)

On 06/09/2023 at 12:10, mike1961 said:

The longer term trends are that people will naturally replace their vehicles over time with ones that are more enviromently friendly without the need to introduce these types of revenue raising schemes.

An excellent point (though I also made it way up thread ! ). These environmental zealots are such impatient wazzocks, the salt on our roads will sort it out within a relatively few years without any draconian restrictions.

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

You can't have a alcoholic drink whilst watching a football match in the ground in the top 5 divisions of English football. Have to consume on the concourse, and in executive boxes they pull the blinds down at kick off. 

I do that at every Wednesday home game.

Pint just before half time. Watch the end of the first half on the stadium tvs whilst enjoying overpriced fizzy beer in a plastic cup.

On 06/09/2023 at 12:24, Planner1 said:

The courts instructed the government to act as soon as reasonably practical with a threat of further action and huge fines for non compliance.

I don't really understand this, the democratically elected government makes the laws, as it should do. Why don't they just change the law ?

1 minute ago, Meltman said:

Who keeps doing the censorship on posts by putting lines through the wording but leaving it legible,?  Absolutely pointless @

That's Chekhov.  It's so he can talk about Covid even though the thread has nothing to do with it.