Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Ha. 

I have no sympathy here. Have seen everyone on that Facebook page egging everyone else on to ignore everything that they get sent, or to leave it and go to tribunal. Play silly games, win silly prizes. 

I get what you're saying but let's say someone's skint and can't afford the charge.

They risk it and lose, get a ridiculous fine, can't pay it, it's doubled, maybe charges are added on?, bailiffs get involved,  they take their car.

Is that fair?

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I get what you're saying but let's say someone's skint and can't afford the charge.

They risk it and lose, get a ridiculous fine, can't pay it, it's doubled, maybe charges are added on?, bailiffs get involved,  they take their car.

Is that fair?

That's the gamble you take then. 

Also I don't believe bailiffs get involved until you get a CCJ which you then don't pay. 

And I mean proper bailiffs here, High Court approved ones, like the ones on those programmes Channel 5 showed. Great entertainment, shame they stopped. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

That's the gamble you take then. 

Also I don't believe bailiffs get involved until you get a CCJ which you then don't pay. 

And I mean proper bailiffs here, High Court approved ones, like the ones on those programmes Channel 5 showed. Great entertainment, shame they stopped. 

It's not a fair gamble though as it's lopsided in that it effects the poor disproportionately..

Just wait until it effects private cars. 

SCC are greedy grasping toe wrags. No way will they miss out on that pot of gold.

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

It's not a fair gamble though

Pay the tenner or the 70 quid then, it's not tricky. 

There are signs about it everyone ffs, if people are driving around without seeing them they should hand their license in. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Pay the tenner or the 70 quid then, it's not tricky. 

There are signs about it everyone ffs, if people are driving around without seeing them they should hand their license in. 

My bold 

My point is what if they can't? 

I don't dispute anything you say but I'm saying it disproportionately effects/affects (I'm tired and it's late) the poor. The excessive fines are extortion. When property is removed by bailiffs it's theft, if you have money then sweet you're good 👍 

Crikey I've just read that back and I'm starting to sound like Halibut. 

I'm gutted. Next thing you know I'll be having sex with men and calling myself straight 😬

I'm gonna watch some BLM vids now, see if I can get a feel for them. ✊🏿

Edited by The_DADDY

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold 

My point is what if they can't? 

I don't dispute anything you say but I'm saying it disproportionately effects/affects (I'm tired and it's late) the poor. The excessive fines are extortion. When property is removed by bailiffs it's theft, if you have money then sweet you're good 👍

If they can't? Don't drive in the chargeable area then, it's not tricky.  Is it?

I don't use the M6 Toll as I think it's a rip off.  

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Bailiffs are the scum of the earth. Had them once for a debt for a previous tenant.  Absoloute animals terrorized my kids once trying to stop them getting into My car on MY drive.

The really are. Dealt with one a few years back. 

Coventry Council claimed I drove in a bus lane twice. Quite impossible considering I've never been there and I was a work 105 miles away at the time. It went to bailiffs because Cov council checked DVLA on the day I moved house so records had not been updated and then failed to recheck address when it was sent back undelivered. 

Long story short I petitioned the court to revoke the collection order and they agreed that Cov council failed their duty and I was awarded a court order against the bailiff company to stop enforcement. 

6 month later I ended up back in court with them to hold them in contempt of court as they'd continued to harass me for the money. Text messages, phone calls and even sending a tow truck to get my car. The tow company was livid when I showed them the court paperwork. 

They got fined £500 plus costs 🤨

8 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

If they can't? Don't drive in the chargeable area then, it's not tricky.  Is it?

I don't use the M6 Toll as I think it's a rip off.  

M6 toll is a nightmare after a long shift travelling home around 3am I accidentally took the m6 toll realising what I done I got off at next junction payed the toll no change 1st con then had to get back on it 2nd con and pay again at next junction to get off it was my fault entirely but be careful!

• 2 weeks later...

No Caz charge on Sunday the 24th of September,drive what you want ,pollute as much as you want ,it doesn't matter on Sunday as the 10k race is on and diversions in place which may divert you into the forbidden zone.

Absolute joke SCC ,Caz shouldn't be only cancelled on Sunday but permanently.