Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

On 02/10/2023 at 16:05, sheffbag said:

to summarise

1. Julie lied as the FBC was created by the council not the govt.

2. Julie lied as it would be up to the courts and not direct intervention by the govt

3. Julie lied as SCC did nothing when it had the opportunity to.

TBH I do not know much about the ins and outs of what Julie Grocutt said in this connection and I must admit I am cynical about this charge they are bringing in..... Furthermore I am no longer a Labour voter.

But I can say Julie has always been helpful and understanding whenever I have had a problem.  She actually answers the phone and answers E Mails fairly promptly. Her heart appears to be in the right place as regards being a councillor and I doubt she deliberately set out to deceive anyone.

53 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

TBH I do not know much about the ins and outs of what Julie Grocutt said in this connection and I must admit I am cynical about this charge they are bringing in..... Furthermore I am no longer a Labour voter.

But I can say Julie has always been helpful and understanding whenever I have had a problem.  She actually answers the phone and answers E Mails fairly promptly. Her heart appears to be in the right place as regards being a councillor and I doubt she deliberately set out to deceive anyone.

Thank you Mr Grocutt .  😀

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Chekhov said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f0kwfb

Take 10 min and listen for yourself

3:26 onwards

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Planner1 said:

Are you serious? 

Active travel is something new? Do you think they just invented walking?

Cycles have been around since 1817.

Nothing new at all. You just want to have a pop at everything the council do.

Yep I do because SCC are incompetent and not fit for purpose and squander public money and above all tell lies but hold on sorry they don't tell lies as they don't intend to deceive anyone, 😂

On 25/10/2023 at 17:56, Planner1 said:

Are you serious? 

Active travel is something new? Do you think they just invented walking?

Cycles have been around since 1817.

Nothing new at all. You just want to have a pop at everything the council do.

No I don't think walking or cycling is something new or just been invented but what is new is the war against the usage of cars and light goods vehicles in the favor of walking or cycling.

I totally agree that some non essential journeys could be done by cycling or walking or by public transport but there are cases where the use of a car or lgv vehicle etc is the only option.

The problem is that everything been done now is to favor cycling or walking etc when is reality for at least 6 months of the year the weather prevents this.

1 minute ago, mike1961 said:

No I don't think walking or cycling is something new or just been invented but what is new is the war against the usage of cars and light goods vehicles in the favor of walking or cycling.

I totally agree that some non essential journeys could be done by cycling or walking or by public transport but there are cases where the use of a car or lgv vehicle etc is the only option.

The problem is that everything been done now is to favor cycling or walking etc when is reality for at least 6 months of the year the weather prevents this.

I have this thing called an "umbrella" by the front door. Its great.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I know he did - but what happens if you are going far enough to warrant a bike? I'm awake, BTW, have been since ~0630

You get a bit wet, just like the missus did yesterday when she rode home from work. Doesnt kill you. And it doesnt rain constantly for 6 months either. Just the usual melodrama.

• Like 1