Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

Guest busdriver1
10 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

A pretty unique business model that avoids Clean Air Zones and Low Emission Zones in Aberdeen, Bath. Birmingham, Bristol, Bradford, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Oxford, Newcastle & Gateshead, Portsmouth, Southampton and York. 

As for experiencing the Sheffield City Centre is 6-12 cross Sheffield City Centre journeys every working week for decades shared between car, bus, m/cycle, bike, tram and feet sufficient? Or does living less than 2000m from Sheffield City Centre for decades count?

Well done for yet again NOT answering a point made but instead promoting your own views no matter what. I have very clearly stated that this has squat to do with the CAZ / LEZs, Why would living 2000 miles from the City be of relevance? I am confused.

As for travelling across the city for decades, that has little bearing on what is happening today. How many times  a day do you try it now?

Edited by busdriver1

54 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

Well done for yet again NOT answering a point made but instead promoting your own views no matter what. I have very clearly stated that this has squat to do with the CAZ / LEZs, Why would living 2000 miles from the City be of relevance? I am confused.

As for travelling across the city for decades, that has little bearing on what is happening today. How many times  a day do you try it now?

2000m = 2000 metres 

• Like 1

CAZ / LEZs/ULEZ? .........Just seen that lying cockroach Kahn denying any knowledge of the pay per mile Project Detroit scheme which will be coming all our ways in the coming years.

The man is just vile.

And Project Detroit will change all our lives whether you like it or not, CAZ, ULEZ etc are just to get us used to how things will be.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

So easy - London Feb 2023 "Overall, there were nearly 50,000 fewer vehicles seen in the zone on an average day".Link   

Please explain "...yet again..." as my opposition to the proposed  Clean Air Zone was my concern over increased traffic pollution in Broomhill (2000m from Sheffield City Centre).

You most certainly are "...confused..." as metres(m) and miles(mi).    

As for experiencing the Sheffield City Centre, it would be 6+ journeys to/from Sheffield City Centre in a non-working week over many decades.

On 27/11/2023 at 22:30, Planner1 said:

>>Meltman said:
 for many years the council has been working towards a vehicle free city centre>>

No they haven’t. They’ve been removing through traffic, which is a very different thing.

That is being "economical with the actualité" isn't it ?

For years the council has been making it harder and harder to drive into and around the city centre, and even harder and more expensive to park there.

I rarely if ever drive into the centre now, and many others take the same view, hence loads of empty city centre shops and thriving out of town shopping centres.....

On 28/11/2023 at 10:38, Planner1 said:

Amazing then that so many businesses and residents in the city centre seem to be managing just fine.

It isn’t impossible to make multiple deliveries, it just takes a bit longer.

Most sizeable cities have exactly the same access loop arrangements that they have here.

Letting through traffic run through the city centre is generally seen as very undesirable for many fairly obvious reasons.

>>Amazing then that so many businesses and residents in the city centre seem to be managing just fine.<<

Are we talking about the same city ?

Last time I was in the centre I was appalled at how many empty shops there were.

>>It isn’t impossible to make multiple deliveries, it just takes a bit longer.<<

Time is money, and it's more than a "bit longer".

1 minute ago, ads36 said:

...but will confidently tell people*  how difficult it is.

(*especially those who do it regularly, without problem)

Are you being serious ?

Dead ends, bus gates, one ways, no parking, no right turns, no left turns etc etc And that's before we mention the new zone which at the moment doesn't apply to cars, but it will at some point, it's almost certain. There is no way they've gone to all that trouble for a relatively small number of vehicles which would have been off the road in 5 or 10 years anyway

Edited by Chekhov