Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Some people on here have said that tradesmen should put the cost of the CAZ onto their price for the job . So an old woman in Hillsborough who doesn’t own a car and has never drove, who always uses a tradesman from Birley ,  has to pay for the CAZ  ?

Nobody is forcing people to go into the CAZ. They can go round it.

27 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

And 'increase pollution' in other areas/add to their costs - yep, really good idea.

In my view most people won’t give a damn about pollution, they’ll just do the maths on whether it costs them less to go around than through. It’s not exactly going to be a major diversion to avoid the CAZ.

50 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Nobody is forcing people to go into the CAZ. They can go round it.

What on the ring road , which is made to go round the city ?

11 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

In my view most people won’t give a damn about pollution, they’ll just do the maths on whether it costs them less to go around than through. It’s not exactly going to be a major diversion to avoid the CAZ.

Plot me a route from say , Parkill to Upperthorpe . A distance of probably a couple of miles 

3 hours ago, mike1961 said:

No I haven't had anymore fines thank you, the Caz charges are hitting many self employed businesses who employ people in the city.these are businesses that often can't afford to upgrade their vehicles and struggle day to day to keep going ,it's tax upon tax upon tax but then if your not self employed yourself you wouldn't understand that concept.

So Annie ,are you of the same mind as the Mayor of Sheffield that people are dying from pollution in our city ?.

No idea what the Liberal Democrats think, I have never viewed their environmentalist agenda as anything but uninformed, alarmist, negative, divisive and irrelevant. Please don't mention the Greens!

If you were to ask:

'Does the scientific evidence establish a link between levels and types of pollution and a wide range of ill health issues?' Yes it does.

'Does the scientific evidence establish a link between levels and types of pollution and serious ill health issues?' Yes it does.

'Does the scientific evidence establish a link between levels and types of pollution and a persons' death?' Only indirectly - smoking cigarettes does not kill either, but it does, like air pollution, trigger, contribute, compound disease like lung cancer, coronary disease, other cancers(lip, pharynx and oral cavity, esophagus, stomach, pancreas, larynx, cervix uteri (women), kidney and renal pelvis, bladder, liver, colon, and rectum; also acute myeloid leukemia, does. Heart diseases including rheumatic heart disease, pulmonary heart disease. Vascular including  atherosclerosis, aortic aneurysm, and other arterial diseases. COPD includes emphysema, bronchitis, and chronic airways obstruction. Pneumonia, influenza and tuberculosis does. 

This is not about taking sides.

P.S. A (Lord) Mayor in Sheffield is not a political role and when in office should only promote the City and when in office remove themselves from politics and decision making. 

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

What on the ring road , which is made to go round the city ?

Plot me a route from say , Parkill to Upperthorpe . A distance of probably a couple of miles 

Supertram or

Maltravers Rd,- Cricket Inn Rd- Broad St- Park Square- A61- Infirmary Road

Less than 3 miles.

Less than 12 minutes.

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

No idea what the Liberal Democrats think, I have never viewed their environmentalist agenda as anything but uninformed, alarmist, negative, divisive and irrelevant. Please don't mention the Greens!

If you were to ask:

'Does the scientific evidence establish a link between levels and types of pollution and a wide range of ill health issues?' Yes it does.

'Does the scientific evidence establish a link between levels and types of pollution and serious ill health issues?' Yes it does.

'Does the scientific evidence establish a link between levels and types of pollution and a persons' death?' Only indirectly - smoking cigarettes does not kill either, but it does, like air pollution, trigger, contribute, compound disease like lung cancer, coronary disease, other cancers(lip, pharynx and oral cavity, esophagus, stomach, pancreas, larynx, cervix uteri (women), kidney and renal pelvis, bladder, liver, colon, and rectum; also acute myeloid leukemia, does. Heart diseases including rheumatic heart disease, pulmonary heart disease. Vascular including  atherosclerosis, aortic aneurysm, and other arterial diseases. COPD includes emphysema, bronchitis, and chronic airways obstruction. Pneumonia, influenza and tuberculosis does. 

This is not about taking sides.

P.S. A (Lord) Mayor in Sheffield is not a political role and when in office should only promote the City and when in office remove themselves from politics and decision making. 

I just find it a bit strange that the life expectancy of people in the UK increases year on year but yet we have all these pollution related issues in the background?.

Also it's a bit alarmist to say between 250 and 500 people die every year from pollution in sheffield.complete nonsense