Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Sheffield’s clean air zone will go-live from Monday 27 February 2023.

This is a class C chargeable zone for the most polluting heavy goods vehicles (HGVs), light goods vehicles (LGVs), vans, buses, coaches and taxi’s that drive within the inner ring road and city centre.

Private cars and motorbikes will not be charged. .... .

Yet!

But they will. Its just a matter of time 

Yes, I have bookmarked all the people who are insistent it will. For trolling purposes if the zone gets binned without this happening. 

That will be a fun day on here if it happens, let me assure you.

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Sheffield’s clean air zone will go-live from Monday 27 February 2023.

This is a class C chargeable zone for the most polluting heavy goods vehicles (HGVs), light goods vehicles (LGVs), vans, buses, coaches and taxi’s that drive within the inner ring road and city centre.

Private cars and motorbikes will not be charged. .... .

Yet!

But they will. Its just a matter of time 

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes, I have bookmarked all the people who are insistent it will. For trolling purposes if the zone gets binned without this happening. 

That will be a fun day on here if it happens, let me assure you.

I hope it does get binned because it is just another tax on the working man

1 hour ago, jonnythefox said:

So we have mot tests which include emission tests if the vehicle passes both tests then it is road legal so what gives Sheffield council the right to scam motorists out of a tenner a day to drive on the ring road. 

Just what I was thinking,so what's the answer ?

3 minutes ago, Meltman said:

Don't drive on the ring road with a non-compliant vehicle. 

Thanks but that doesn't answer the question I posed,if my vehicle passed legal emission tests during it's annual MOT why is it not compliant to be driven within the Sheffield CAZ zone?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mike1961 said:

Thanks but that doesn't answer the question I posed,if my vehicle passed legal emission tests during it's annual MOT why is it not compliant to be driven within the Sheffield CAZ zone?

Obviously things can have different levels of legality.

You can drive a car with an alcohol level of 34. Good luck flying an plane with the same level of alcohol in your system.

13 minutes ago, Meltman said:

What age is your vehicle?

I was answering the question about driving on the ring road and not paying a tenner a day.

My lgv van is on a 65 plate so it was first registered in September 2015 but it passes it's MOT every year for emission tests plus everything else on the MOT