Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

2 hours ago, mike1961 said:

Thanks but that doesn't answer the question I posed,if my vehicle passed legal emission tests during it's annual MOT why is it not compliant to be driven within the Sheffield CAZ zone?

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Obviously things can have different levels of legality.

You can drive a car with an alcohol level of 34. Good luck flying an plane with the same level of alcohol in your system.

hmmm. I'm not sure this is good logic HeHasRisen. You've introduced a different argument.

If mike's car has passed the legal limit, then similarly a car driver who has drank alcohol within the legal limit also wouldn't be charged.

Flying an aeroplane has a different limit of alcohol tolerance (zero) than driving a car, so I don't think you can argue this in response.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Are you really so nieve as to believe the charge will stay on the ring road and not be expanded to other roads and areas?

Really?

Don't be lazy  read the full post and the context it was referring to. Selective quoting is not clever. 

8 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

hmmm. I'm not sure this is good logic HeHasRisen. You've introduced a different argument.

If mike's car has passed the legal limit, then similarly a car driver who has drank alcohol within the legal limit also wouldn't be charged.

Flying an aeroplane has a different limit of alcohol tolerance (zero) than driving a car, so I don't think you can argue this in response.

Not really. The legal limit for X doesnt necessarily means its also the legal limit for Y.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Are you really so nieve as to believe the charge will stay on the ring road and not be expanded to other roads and areas?

Really?

He obviously hasn't looked at the maps shown in the earlier posts showing the highest pollution roads using different coloured dots... doesn't take a genius to work out, it all the main roads into the city.

namely, ALL the main trunk roads into the city. The only reason these cameras haven't been introduced (yet) is because it would require too many cameras. (and would cause outrage).

As I've said from post one 4 years ago, this is a sneaky scheme, punishing (mainly taxi drivers) knowing no one would complain about it because everyone hates them. Once the cameras are up and running, it'll be a free for all for who they include next. Old diesel cars will probably be first, then newer diesel cars, then old petrol cars... and eventually it will be like the London system. 

-

On a different matter (but related to this), @Planner1has also changed his story slightly. In my original thread years ago, when asked about the ring road inclusion, he/she stated that the inclusion of the ring road was due to the same reason... too many cameras needed to enter all the roads into the city centre. I can't find it now, because SF search function isn't very good now, and it's a very very long thread... but I don't forget things as at the time, I was reporting the info back through taxi forums. 

1 hour ago, jonnythefox said:

So if I am a self employed plumber,electrician, builder, carpet fitter  etc  with a  2013  van with a new 12 month mot the council are going to charge me a tenner a day to drive on the ring road to earn my living and you come out with a statement like that you absolute t..t

I was replying to a question by another poster not you so pipe down.  If you are that good at your many jobs,  plumbing  electrician, builder, carpet fitting and what ever etc is you should be able to afford a newer vehicle.  Are you not charging enough?  It's  you who is making yourself look like a t..t.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Not really. The legal limit for X doesnt necessarily means its also the legal limit for Y.

The poster who runs a business, had said that a private car/van, and business car/van are identical vehicles and one is charged and one is not. 

2 identical vehicles. Both legally pass a MoT set by the government. X and Y are the same thing in this case.

2 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

The poster who runs a business, had said that a private car/van, and business car/van are identical vehicles and one is charged and one is not. 

2 identical vehicles. Both legally pass a MoT set by the government. X and Y are the same thing in this case.

Well clearly they arent identical are they. One is older, and/or one emits more. 

Come on now.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well clearly they arent identical are they. One is older, and/or one emits more. 

Come on now.

Totally wrong!

Astra estate/ Astra estate with no back seats and no windows. 

Same age. Same engine. Same pollution.  

One is charged £10. One is not.