Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

56 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

He obviously hasn't looked at the maps shown in the earlier posts showing the highest pollution roads using different coloured dots... doesn't take a genius to work out, it all the main roads into the city.

namely, ALL the main trunk roads into the city. The only reason these cameras haven't been introduced (yet) is because it would require too many cameras. (and would cause outrage).

As I've said from post one 4 years ago, this is a sneaky scheme, punishing (mainly taxi drivers) knowing no one would complain about it because everyone hates them. Once the cameras are up and running, it'll be a free for all for who they include next. Old diesel cars will probably be first, then newer diesel cars, then old petrol cars... and eventually it will be like the London system. 

-

On a different matter (but related to this), @Planner1has also changed his story slightly. In my original thread years ago, when asked about the ring road inclusion, he/she stated that the inclusion of the ring road was due to the same reason... too many cameras needed to enter all the roads into the city centre. I can't find it now, because SF search function isn't very good now, and it's a very very long thread... but I don't forget things as at the time, I was reporting the info back through taxi forums. 

Maybe if the bothered to follow the rules and drive correctly people wouldn't hate them as much? 

I, for one, am looking forward to SCC finally cracking down on taxi drivers thinking they can do as they please. 

1 hour ago, Meltman said:

Don't be lazy 

Snipped 

Grow up.

1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

He obviously hasn't looked at the maps shown in the earlier posts showing the highest pollution roads using different coloured dots... doesn't take a genius to work out, it all the main roads into the city.

namely, ALL the main trunk roads into the city. The only reason these cameras haven't been introduced (yet) is because it would require too many cameras. (and would cause outrage).

As I've said from post one 4 years ago, this is a sneaky scheme, punishing (mainly taxi drivers) knowing no one would complain about it because everyone hates them. Once the cameras are up and running, it'll be a free for all for who they include next. Old diesel cars will probably be first, then newer diesel cars, then old petrol cars... and eventually it will be like the London system. 

Absolutely bang on. That's a cracking post 👏

49 minutes ago, Resident said:

Maybe if the bothered to follow the rules and drive correctly people wouldn't hate them as much? 

I, for one, am looking forward to SCC finally cracking down on taxi drivers thinking they can do as they please. 

You reckon they'll ever crack down on cyclists who think they can do as they please?

Askin for a friend. 

21 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Answers in red above. Website explains all the above in more detail...

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/campaigns/clean-air-zone-sheffield

Thankyou for that.

Personally I doubt it will make any difference to air quality, but what do I know...

I think we are being had as complete mugs. There are better ways to save the planet, but no, they insist on penalising the public once again.

• Thanks 1

I've just read on the Facebook campaign against this CAZ zone that a mass demonstration is planned from 12 midday on the 4th of February starting from Pinstone Street.

I've have never before felt so strongly against anything until this and have never taken part in any protests but I will be there.

We have to show the council that we've just had enough of their nonsense,don't really care if it's central government policy to introduce these zones ,it's SCC that are implementing it.

I hope many more will be there on the day.

• Thanks 1