Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

Just now, jonnythefox said:

We have got clean air this is just a money making scam

Not really though, is it? Everyone knows the charges up front and everyone knows where they can and cant drive in order to avoid being charged, its the totally opposite definition of what a "scam" actually is. Put the tin foil down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Nothing to do with clean air and you know it. It's all about grabbing money from the gullible suckers 

So you’re telling us you believe the government have forced SCC to impose a CAZ so the council can make money out if it?

You really believe that? 

• Like 1

I think the zone is not wide enough and needs to be extended. I don’t think there is an argument that cars emit pollutants and those pollutants are harmful. Also that one person sat in a car, in a traffic jam for a commute into town for a long period of time is a good use of time or resources. Therefore my opinion is that we need more carrots and sticks to get people out of cars. 

One of those sticks is Caz. But I think there needs to be better carrots - better public transport. That needs investment though. 

I think hitting traders with vans is bad - I think it’s commuters that should be hit BUT only if there is cheaper public transport that could be relied on. Commuters need to get to their place of work on time ! 

People used to do this before car ownership was a big thing so why can we not do it now - is it because we love to sit in our little tin boxes for long drives each day. 

Edited by srtaylo0
Ilex to caz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

Appendix 5.10:

Charging Private Cars

Q32 If the Clean Air Zone does not improve air quality enough to meet legal limits, we may have to introduce charging for private cars.

To what extent would you support such a move?