Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

1 hour ago, Planner1 said:

Last I saw when I worked there they tried very hard to comply with requirements on FOI requests.

The trouble with FOI's is that they were never intended to be used in the way in which people now use them.

Just one example of their outstanding efforts, and lo and behold, its about tree felling.

tree felling FoI

summary

It found that the council "could not locate and provide all of the relevant information in the case of 13 requests and that it "raises concerns regarding records management".

it goes on to say .

Regarding the FOI requests, the report found in some instances the council had "undertaken a practice of labelling information arising from the tree-felling programme which they considered to be sensitive as 'Not Subject to FOIA.' This practice was inappropriate.

And that's before we started on the Kate Joseph's request and intentional reluctance to release information.

Edited by blackydog

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

They would answer the question asked, I assume.

If the BBC asked "how many car parking spaces are there at Council buildings in Sheffield", without specifying a specific location, then thats the fault of the BBC.

Given around 5% of employees have a space,  the CAZ doesnt include cars, and if it does the cars will be subject to the same charges as anyone else (as mentioned above) which wont be paid for by the employer unless the cars are to be used on official business, I am not understanding the bedwetting here.

No, not necessarily as you will see from a post I just added.

1 minute ago, blackydog said:

2 minutes ago, blackydog said:

Well you would expect they would know how many car parking spaces they had. Again it depends what question was asked.

1 hour ago, blackydog said:

Just one example of their outstanding efforts, and lo and behold, its about tree felling.

tree felling FoI

summary

It found that the council "could not locate and provide all of the relevant information in the case of 13 requests and that it "raises concerns regarding records management".

it goes on to say .

Regarding the FOI requests, the report found in some instances the council had "undertaken a practice of labelling information arising from the tree-felling programme which they considered to be sensitive as 'Not Subject to FOIA.' This practice was inappropriate.

And that's before we started on the Kate Joseph's request and intentional reluctance to release information.

And the article said:

The report added "we have not seen evidence that information was deliberately withheld to avoid publication".

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Great reply. Did you go and look it up or just going to dish the profanity out?

You should go and look it up, nothing wrong with educating yourself. 

Maybe I am not as educated as you but I don’t make sly and sarcastic comments to everyone who posts on this forum. I will give some advice watch your mouth because someone will find out who you are and come looking for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jonnythefox said:

Maybe I am not as educated as you but I don’t make sly and sarcastic comments to everyone who posts on this forum. I will give some advice watch your mouth because someone will find out who you are and come looking for you.

Ooooooh an idle threat!.

Delicious 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonnythefox said:

AND MY DAD IS BIGGER THAN YOUR DAD AND MY DAD CAN FIGHT THE WHOLE WORLD !!!

Omg....School playground flashback......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1