Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

8 hours ago, Planner1 said:

Snipe all you like but the fact is that folk like me have to deal with the regulated world and work within it.

The issue around the station will become clearer as more vehicles become CAZ compliant, especially the Hackney cabs which service the station.

We don’t know what effect that specific monitoring site will have in the overall requirement for a CAZ as we aren’t privy to any discussions that may or may not have taken place between SCC and government. 

The info I’ve seen says all monitoring sites within a CAZ have to show zero exceedance of legal limits for three continuous years before it can be judged as being fully compliant. If anyone knows whether there might be exceptions allowed for situations like at Sheaf St I’m sure we’d all be interested to know.

No one has to do any job ,its a choice in the free World .

7 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Not relevant 

Well you brought schools into it.

It might tell you why schools DEMAND lower prices, and couldn't give a toss over the roadworthiness /standard  of the coaches they hire.

Money is the bottom line.

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

listening to Radio Sheffield and Terry Fox refusing to come on and talk about it until its up and running says a lot 

Because he knows he'll be asked questions and will have to outright LIE in order not to torpedo it before it's up and running and then when it's revealed that he lied he's finished. 

• Like 2

Just another scam to extract money from hardworking people. N02 fine make mot stricter but stop this WEF bs So long as i have lots of money i can just pay to continue polluting. Time to vote these morons out but unfortunately the WEF BS ideology is ingrained in these thickos.

Edited by mrcryp

18 minutes ago, mrcryp said:

Just another scam to extract money from hardworking people. N02 fine make mot stricter but stop this WEF bs So long as i have lots of money i can just pay to continue polluting. Time to vote these morons out but unfortunately the WEF BS ideology is ingrained in these thickos.

Given that the national government is Tory, and the local government is mainly Labour, which political party would not have brought this CAZ in?

Before you give your answer, remember that the Greens almost certainly would given their policies, Labour in majority brought one in in Bristol, and that the Lib Dems have brought in the one in Bath.  Doesnt leave you many other options huh?