Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

3 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

One large transport company has cancelled ALL deliveries in S1 because of the constant road changes that are NOT being updated to the sat nav companies as they should be resulting in deliveries being missed due to time slots not being able to be met. No matter how professional the drivers are they can not be expected to automatically know of this weeks road changes if they are not publicised to the relevant places.  This has nothing to do with CAZ it is about road changes not being notified as per requirements. 

That’s one company. There are many. Where there’s a gap in the market, someone usually fills it.

Do you have actual clear evidence that SCC aren’t informing satnav companies?

My recollection from a few years back was that the satnav companies weren’t too quick on incorporating the changes that were notified. Might have changed now though, I don’t have recent experience of this aspect. 

3 minutes ago, mike1961 said:

I have an electric car which I recently drove into the city centre one evening to go to a concert at the city hall, couldn't find anywhere to park ,lots and lots of disabled bays where empty but of course can't use those so ended up parking in Q park multi storey and paying £16.00 for about 3 hours parking so I disagree parking in the city centre isn't plentiful or cheap either 

You found a parking space, which demonstrates that there is plenty of parking. You just don’t want to pay the going rate.

I go into the city in the evenings sometimes to the cinema. Never have a problem finding an on street space and it’s relatively cheap.

4 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

That’s one company. There are many. Where there’s a gap in the market, someone usually fills it.

My recollection from a few years back was that the satnav companies weren’t too quick on incorporating the changes that were notified. Might have changed now though, I don’t have recent experience of this aspect. 

You found a parking space, which demonstrates that there is plenty of parking. You just don’t want to pay the going rate.

I go into the city in the evenings sometimes to the cinema. Never have a problem finding an on street space and it’s relatively cheap.

How much is cheap in your world?

7 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

and excellent delivery facilities.........

Very dissimilar to the city centre 

Because it was purpose built from scratch on a cleared site, with delivery facilities included.

City centres aren’t built like that. They evolve over sometimes hundreds of years and have a lot of constraints.  

Just now, Planner1 said:

Because it was purpose built from scratch on a cleared site, with delivery facilities included.

City centres aren’t built like that. They evolve over sometimes hundreds of years and have a lot of constraints.  

Only because SCC created the constraints .

2 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

nobody has shouted, or the councils ears were closed? 

There have been multiple complaints that I have seen but none have even had a reply.

Bit OT, but this is typical of 'officialdom'. Our local residents Association was hijacked a couple of years ago by 'activists' who promptly cancelled all public meetings - 'we can't have people questioning us', and they now make all decisions in secret, announcing some things, but not all, in the two-monthly magazine.

When you question anything, as I have a recent 'article', the response, instead of answering the questions asked reads:

'Thank you for your letter concerning XXXXXXXXXX No. 420, the contents of which have been noted.' - democracy in action - NOT!
(magazine title removed intentionally)

Guest busdriver1
5 minutes ago, lobster said:

Shopping in Sheffield City Centre is the best advert going for online shopping

but then the delivery companies have to try and fight to find this weeks route to your property and may end up cancelling your delivery. 

3 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

£2 flat rate for the period 4.30 to 8.30 doesn’t seem unreasonable.

Thats what SCC charge.

Let me know where abouts in the city you find parking for £2.00 for that length of time please,which road etc? ,I'd really like to know so I can use the same parking,don't forget I have my permit as well for free parking as I have an electric car.

Guest busdriver1
17 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Only a phone call to our provider asking why their maps were out of date and being told that when they get told officially they will update them. 

Not very conclusive i know.