Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Increasing pollution,

offset by improving the bus service.

Your sudden concern for air pollution would be more credible if it didn't conveniently align with your desire to drive wherever you want.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

wasting time.

only for those who choose to drive. 

we live in a city, there simply isn't space for everyone to drive everywhere. We tried that, it didn't work.

Edited by ads36
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ads36 said:

Your sudden concern for air pollution would be more credible if it didn't conveniently align with your desire to drive wherever you want.

so would yours, and planners, an hehasrisens, and prettysibons once you all stop driving your cars around, and parking, and polluting

Edited by fools

1 minute ago, ads36 said:

offset by improving the bus service.

only for those who choose to drive.

we live in a city, there simply isn't space for everyone to drive everywhere.

can you read? - I don't drive, and the comment re air pollution was merely made as a response to the claimed reason for the forthcoming restrictions.

56 minutes ago, mike1961 said:

I do have legs and can walk , maybe on the particular night It was busy ,who knows 

Sod deliveries,sod people trying to work and earn a living, just make the bus service better,great !!!

Are you not going to tell us where this Q Park is in Sheffield that charges £16 for three hours?

A quick look on their website and the standard drive-up rate is as follows

- Q Park Charles Street is no more than £2.70 an hour depending when you enter

- Q Park Rockingham St is £8 for up to 3 hours and £11 for up to 5 hours.

- Q Park Castlegate is the same as Rockingham St for 3 hours and 50p less for 5 hours

- Q Park Riverside is £7 for up to 3 hours and £10 for up to 6 hours

- Q Park Sheffield Station is £9 for up to 3 hours and £12 for up to 4 hours.

?????

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

can you read? - I don't drive,

i can see that now that you've added it.

1 minute ago, fools said:

far more than you

glad to hear it - we're all on the same team then.

Edited by ads36

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

A less hypocritical person would catch a bus! :roll:

A more thoughtful person might actually think before they type and remember what I have actually said.

I never ever say that people should use public transport instead of a car all the time. I just say people should be aware of their options and choose the most appropriate one for that trip.

FYI I walk to the city centre mostly. I only tend to drive when I’m doing something like the cinema, which finishes fairly late and busses are much less frequent and I don’t want to spend another hour walking home. I use the bus when it’s the most appropriate mode for that trip.

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Agreed. But, what happens if you need to enter those 'gated' areas? Admittedly, I don't think that situation arises with the current set-up , but the more restrictions you put in place, the sooner it inevitably will.

No it won’t. Access to premises is always a prime consideration when designing this type of restriction. The restriction would not go in if it stopped people accessing premises altogether. There’s always another viable  way to get there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

No it won’t. Access to premises is always a prime consideration when designing this type of restriction. The restriction would not go in if it stopped people accessing premises altogether. There’s always another viable  way to get there.

Viable maybe but longer ,using more fuel and causing more emissions,when you work hard for yourself to earn a living , maybe you'll get it