Andrew Tate. What's Your Opinion?.

For those who don't know of him.    

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Tate

So what's your opinion of him? 

I've met the guy a few times. 1st time was after he absolutely destroyed Sheffields Joe McGovern in under a round (K1 world title, dont remember which), then I briefly met him in Luton with his coach Amir Subasic and a 3rd time, again I'm Luton. He was always polite, funny and very interesting.  A genuine nice guy. My daughter is a massive fan of him and regularly watches videos of his fights. She says he's her number 1 K1 fighter of all time (it used to be Joe McGovern but ya know, things change) . He's recently been 'canceled' by some media platforms apparently for his misogynistic views. Seems like a typical mainstream hatchet job to me but whatever. I've decided to watch his more recent stuff seeing as I'm told he's so controversial and dangerous and to be honest,  he's loud, he's opinionated, he's very very blunt but misogynistic?

I don't see it.

Am I missing something?

12 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I've met the guy a few times. 1st time was after he absolutely destroyed Sheffields Joe McGovern in under a round (K1 world title, dont remember which), then I briefly met him in Luton with his coach Amir Subasic and a 3rd time, again I'm Luton. He was always polite, funny and very interesting.  A genuine nice guy. My daughter is a massive fan of him and regularly watches videos of his fights. She says he's her number 1 K1 fighter of all time (it used to be Joe McGovern but ya know, things change) . He's recently been 'canceled' by some media platforms apparently for his misogynistic views. Seems like a typical mainstream hatchet job to me but whatever. I've decided to watch his more recent stuff seeing as I'm told he's so controversial and dangerous and to be honest,  he's loud, he's opinionated, he's very very blunt but misogynistic?

I don't see it.

Am I missing something?

Yes 

• Like 1

Sounds a charmer.

Around the time UK police were investigating abuse allegations, Tate is understood to have left the UK for Romania. In one video explaining his reasons for the move he suggested it was because it would be easier to evade rape charges. This is “probably 40% of the reason” he moved there, he says in one video, adding: “I’m not a rapist, but I like the idea of just being able to do what I want. I like being free.”

Your daughter needs better role models

• Like 3

Guest makapaka
10 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I don't see it.

Am I missing something?

I’d be worried if my daughter was a fan of Andrew Tate.

“Andrew Tate says women belong in the home, can’t drive, and are a man’s property.

He also thinks rape victims must “bear responsibility” for their attacks and dates women aged 18–19 because he can “make an imprint” on them, according to videos posted online.

In other clips, the British-American kickboxer – who poses with fast cars, guns and portrays himself as a cigar-smoking playboy – talks about hitting and choking women, trashing their belongings and stopping them from going out”.

5 hours ago, makapaka said:

I’d be worried if my daughter was a fan of Andrew Tate.

“Andrew Tate says women belong in the home, can’t drive, and are a man’s property.

He also thinks rape victims must “bear responsibility” for their attacks and dates women aged 18–19 because he can “make an imprint” on them, according to videos posted online.

In other clips, the British-American kickboxer – who poses with fast cars, guns and portrays himself as a cigar-smoking playboy – talks about hitting and choking women, trashing their belongings and stopping them from going out”.

I certainly wouldn't be pleased if my daughter looked up to him.

Sounds like a horrible person.           :gag:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, francypants said:

I certainly wouldn't be pleased if my daughter looked up to him.

Sounds like a horrible person.           :gag:

Kids eh..

Looks like the rumours are true then.

He's certainly controversial 🤣

Edited by The_DADDY
Should have been 2 separate posts.