Jeremy Clarkson

3 minutes ago, fools said:

Why don't you setup a JustGiving for the victims, those Royalty checks won't last forever

Hopefully neither will the cheques from the Sun to Clarkson, hence his non apology to others who he may have upset.

But that's exactly what his supposed regret is about. Not for what he wrote, but the impact it might have on him.

Edited by Mister M

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Hopefully neither will the cheques from the Sun to Clarkson, hence his non apology to others who he may have upset.

But that's exactly what his supposed regret is about. Not for what he wrote, but the impact it might have on him.

I hope he didn't apologise for fear of losing his WWTBAM show

I have little time for royalty in general and have no intention of watching any TV show about any of them. However, Clarkson is an attention seeking piece of excrement who is in the same category as Piers Morgan, Katie Hopkins and Rod Liddle. 

Anyone who hates another person who hasn't deliberately done some serious harm to them or their family or friends is deranged.

Irritated yes, annoyed about having them crop up uninvited at frequent intervals in the media yes, but hate and wish harm to them?

Clarkson irritates me, I switch off any TV show he appears on but there'd be something weird about allowing my dislike to become hatred.

Of course he doesn't hate her, he's just being controversial to sell newspapers and draw attention to himself. Unless of course he's finally lost the plot.

If you read the 'Oh dear' statement he didn't apologise at all, once again he made it all about him. None of this would matter but there are some seriously deranged people out there and encouraging hate and suggesting harm is all some of these people need to tip them over the edge.

• Like 4

I’m astonished that a high profile adult thought that this was an appropriate thing to write.

I’m even more surprised that a major newspaper thought that it was an appropriate thing to publish.

I’m disappointed, but not surprised, that there are plenty of members of the general public willing to make excuses for such a reprehensible bit of “journalism “.