Jeremy Clarkson

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, Mister M said:

I was just hearing on the news that Clarkson has had his contract with Amazon Prime pulled.

Brilliant.

24 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Brilliant.

That's what I thought. 

However not everyone's happy. GB News features a 'discussion' with Toby Young and Laurence Fox to discuss this....

@GBNEWS Twitter

'If you cross Meghan Markle, you get into an awful lot of trouble.' Toby Young joins Laurence Fox react to Jeremy Clarkson making a formal apology to the Sussexes about his column on Meghan Markle following suggestions Amazon will not commission any further work from Clarkson.

Bet that was a nice balanced discussion....2 right wing blokes discussing how dreadful it is another right wing bloke can't use his powerful position in a national newspaper to to vent his bloodlust fantasies in graphic detail about humiliating someone.
It's PC gone mad :rolleyes:

EDIT: And I do think that in light of the dreadful sexual violence displayed by another senior Met police officer who used his position of power to humiliate his victims - The Sun should think again about giving a platform to boorish oafs like Clarkson.
Yes the Sun will fulminate and complain how disgusting what this policeman did - but they also gave Clarkson a space to share his violent fantasies, and the kind of culture that they are condoning.

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mister M said:

I was just hearing on the news that Clarkson has had his contract with Amazon Prime pulled.

Incorrect.

Amazon have stated that they are not committing to any new programming over and above what is already contracted and scheduled."

This date is the end of 2024

So there is nearly 2 years left on the contract which Amazon are seeing out. Then they will make a decision on any new programming, that's hardly "pulled" is it by then it will be forgotten and if Grand Tour is still doing the viewership it will get recommissioned.

Edited by sheffbag

On 30/12/2022 at 19:46, cressida said:

I don't think he sees himself as a bully,  more of a straight talker,  but he went too far.

Farm shut,  perhaps he's gone back to his roots,  born in Doncaster.

The farm isnt shut. He is closing the restuarant due to pressure from the council over complaints from the locals.

The farm is still very much in operation

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sheffbag said:

The farm isnt shut. He is closing the restuarant due to pressure from the council over complaints from the locals.

The farm is still very much in operation

He brings half the problems on himself.  The farm shop is now in trouble because he's using it to sell his book, breaching the rules in place.

As for Grand Tour, I think The Guardy had it spot on, each special has got worse and forgettable, mainly due to their by-the-numbers routine:

Get 3 cars

Make fun about their age / driving speed / size

Drive about a bit

Clarkson hits May's car repeatedly

Cars get bust up

The End

The Grand Tour review – Clarkson and co skid ever further into irrelevance

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jan/18/the-grand-tour-review-jeremy-clarkson-amazon-prime

Edited by alchresearch