Jeremy Clarkson

Has Clarkson ever written a piece about how much he loathes Prince Andrew, and lies awake thinking of horrible things to do to him? Because Andrew is a suspected paedophile, whereas Meghan Markle has what.. married the love child of a princess and has light brown skin?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

As I said in my earlier post,  words hurt, and what Clarkson said degraded not only Markle...

I think I see things very differently Mr M; not specifically relating to Markle and Clarkson (I really don't like either of them), but in the concept that one person's words can demean another person. In truth, the only person unjustified unkind words demean, is the person who utters them. They only 'hurt' the person they are aimed at, to the degree that person attaches any weight to them. If someone is insignificant to you, whatever they say just doesn't touch you, or even land on your radar.

However, if a person is overly concerned with cultivating their public image; rather than just being a genuine, as you find me, human being; then they will naturally be quite concerned when things are said that go against their desired narrative.

9 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Has Clarkson ever written a piece about how much he loathes Prince Andrew, and lies awake thinking of horrible things to do to him? Because Andrew is a suspected paedophile, whereas Meghan Markle has what.. married the love child of a princess and has light brown skin?

Are you suggesting that ALL criticism of Meghan Markle, must be due to her skin colour or who she married? 

Edited by Waldo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Jack

Queen

King

RACE!!!

53 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Funny how words only 'hurt' in one direction...

#bekind unless it's someone the Left disagrees with - then watch the barrage of abuse and hate spew forth!

Indeed.

The bile, abuse and personal insults that Boris and Trump have received on a daily basis in the media, especially in the Guardian regarding their appearance is relentless.

That's ok though. 

Apparently.

What did Clarkson say that was racist anyway?  No doubt it will be portrayed that way.

Edited by Al Bundy
Spelling
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I think I see things very differently Mr M; not specifically relating to Markle and Clarkson (I really don't like either of them), but in the concept that one person's words can demean another person. In truth, the only person unjustified unkind words demean, is the person who utters them. They only 'hurt' the person they are aimed at, to the degree that person attaches any weight to them. If someone is insignificant to you, whatever they say just doesn't touch you, or even land on your radar.

However, if a person is overly concerned with cultivating their public image; rather than just being a genuine, as you find me, human being; then they will naturally be quite concerned when things are said that go against their desired narrative.

Being stripped, paraded through the streets naked and having excrement thrown at you, as Clarkson wishes for Markle isn't going to kill her, as sticking a knife into her is going to kill her. But it's going to utterly annihilate her own self worth and humiliate her to the very core.

Of course in the cold light of day people can step back and analyse the situation, and say to themselves, "well Clarkson is a nobody, what he says isn't going to hurt me". But everyone is human and everyone has feelings.

You're right that this has really hurt Clarkson as well, his public image of a plain speaker. But that's his fault, he's completely misread the room, and just not known what the boundaries are.

Edited by Mister M

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Being stripped, paraded through the streets naked and having excrement thrown at you, as Clarkson wishes for Markle isn't going to kill her, as sticking a knife into her is going to kill her. But it's going to utterly annihilate her own self worth and humiliate her to the very core.

Of course in the cold light of day people can step back and analyse the situation, and say to themselves, "well Clarkson is a nobody, what he says isn't going to hurt me". But everyone is human and everyone has feelings.

A bit over dramatic don't you think?

• Haha 1

Just now, The_DADDY said:

A bit over dramatic don't you think?

Why do you think the rates of suicide, self harm and mental ill health are so high in victims of bullying?

1 minute ago, fools said:

oh dear, give it up, it's gone right over your head

Okay then, you explain exactly what has gone over my head.