Strange Problem With Phone Number.

When I moved to a new address in July I was given a new landline number. The number turned out to have previously belonged to a Sheffield pub/restaurant. They are still advertising that number on their website. I have tried to make contact with them by messaging their Facebook page and sending an email but have been simply ignored. I am getting calls almost every day from people trying to book a table,  and even had one from Fire Service who want to arrange a fire safety check!

I am at a loss to know what else I can do to persuade them to change the number, assuming they have a new diffeent number. It is very frustrating. Has anyone any suggestions please what else I might try?

Edited by Minimo
Minor error corrected

7 minutes ago, Minimo said:

When I moved to a new address in July I was given a new landline number. The number turned out to have previously belonged to a Sheffield pub/restaurant. They are still advertising that number on their website. I have tried to make contact with them by messaging their Facebook page and sending an email but have been simply ignored. I am getting calls almost every day from people trying to book a table,  and even had one from Fire Service who want to arrange a fire safety check!

I am at a loss to know what else I can do to persuade them to change the number, assuming they have a new diffeent number. It is very frustrating. Has anyone any suggestions please what else I might try?

My bold.

Have some fun. Put on a variety of different aka daft voices, pretend to book them in then when they turn up at the pub/restaurant it'll be for them to sort out.

Hopefully this will encourage the business to get their act together 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Minimo said:

Any chance of booking a table for Xmas dinner please.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Do you know their new number? If so, try ringing them, although the last time I checked, I only found the erroneous number on the CAMRA site - there wasn't one on the Google page where I saw their address &c.

Puzzled by your response, as you seem to be saying you know which pub it is? Also if I knew their new number I would ring them.

I don't mind the fun responses but please can anyone help as well?

58 minutes ago, fools said:

ask for a new number

Well I could but that would mean updating all my details everywhere. All that is needed is for the business to update their details but I don't know what else I can do to make tjat happen.

6 minutes ago, Minimo said:

All that is needed is for the business to update their details but I don't know what else I can do to make tjat happen.

there may be countless people who have the number stored in their phone, you could be getting calls for years.

go and see them, assuming the business is trading - why would a business who changed number many months ago not update their website?