Strange Problem With Phone Number.

8 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

I'd suggest messaging the Teller on facebook and get them to take the incorrect number off. If they don't, report it to Facebook.

I assume the OP has already tried that line of enquiry.

I would start leaving negative reviews. One a day, until they sort it.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

I contacted Camra who have removed the number from their page. It would seem The Teller no longer has a phone number. Unfortunately I am finding my number on numerous food guides, so it seems i am stuck with this issue. I can email any I find but there will always be some I have missed. It's very strange that a pub/restaurant doesn't have a number. How are potential customers supposed to book?

21 minutes ago, Minimo said:

I contacted Camra who have removed the number from their page. It would seem The Teller no longer has a phone number. Unfortunately I am finding my number on numerous food guides, so it seems i am stuck with this issue. I can email any I find but there will always be some I have missed. It's very strange that a pub/restaurant doesn't have a number. How are potential customers supposed to book?

Social media maybe. 

I still suggest one more contact via FB. Ask them to remove the number by the end of the year or you will leave one negative review per day from that point on.

• Like 1

On 19/12/2022 at 22:24, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

Have some fun. Put on a variety of different aka daft voices, pretend to book them in then when they turn up at the pub/restaurant it'll be for them to sort out.

Hopefully this will encourage the business to get their act together 

book them for a party of ten and leave them to sort it out

On 19/12/2022 at 22:14, Minimo said:

When I moved to a new address in July I was given a new landline number. The number turned out to have previously belonged to a Sheffield pub/restaurant. They are still advertising that number on their website. I have tried to make contact with them by messaging their Facebook page and sending an email but have been simply ignored. I am getting calls almost every day from people trying to book a table,  and even had one from Fire Service who want to arrange a fire safety check!

I am at a loss to know what else I can do to persuade them to change the number, assuming they have a new diffeent number. It is very frustrating. Has anyone any suggestions please what else I might try?

A similar thing happened to me.

Every now and again I was asked for a portion of fish and chips.

I got peed of with it and eventually I took the order and  left them to it.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Surely that needs someone to ring her up and want to book a party of ten in the first place?

I am getting calls from people wanting to book a table, don't know how many. While tempting to play games with false bookings I can see me getting in a whole lot of legal trouble for damaging the pub'/s trade, or something.

1 minute ago, Minimo said:

I am getting calls from people wanting to book a table, don't know how many. While tempting to play games with false bookings I can see me getting in a whole lot of legal trouble for damaging the pub'/s trade, or something.

...which would be laughed out of court as they have caused you harassment by refusing to change the phone number on their socials.

Plus all they have is a phone nunber. They would not know your name or where you live. Personally I would crack on with leaving the reviews and taking the bookings but only after giving them one last chance. Maybe send a letter by recorded delivery to them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Minimo said:

Cough Cough "Post #3" Cough Cough...

You know it makes sense 👍

• Like 1