Blades About To Be Sold!

Man in Crete

20 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

According to those in the know prince has accepted a bid from someone other than the American who was unable to satisfy efl

Details said to be with efl and assuming they ratify deal will be done quickly 

anyone like to hazard a guess who it is? Or is it true?

Ask Top he knows everything about United's finances and dealings.

Edited by Alextopman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Reported a couple of hours ago.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-united-takeover-prince-abdullah-25794002

I'm with Nervy-Owl. Don't get too excited. Sheffield football is the centre of false dawns.

3 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Cover at right back.

Doubt it. We've got no money. Can't bring any more players in. 

Just checked back to Tops Wilder claim. Back in October.

Wonder how well that one will age too.

Edited by PapaLazarou

4 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Reported a couple of hours ago.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-united-takeover-prince-abdullah-25794002

I'm with Nervy-Owl. Don't get too excited. Sheffield football is the centre of false dawns.

I agree with both of you, neither Sheffield club is going to attract a buyer determined to turn us into a top Premier side. The reason for a purchase is more likely to be financial self interest and that isn't going to be in the long term interest of the club.

It's being so cheerful keeps me going. ☹️

13 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I agree with both of you, neither Sheffield club is going to attract a buyer determined to turn us into a top Premier side. The reason for a purchase is more likely to be financial self interest and that isn't going to be in the long term interest of the club.

It's being so cheerful keeps me going. ☹️

Likely that the sale (or rather the seller) is also motivated by personal financial self interest too, rather than the good of the club.

That said, he's a businessman, its a business, and people are in business primarily to make a profit.

Good luck to him if it goes through. He's not been a bad un.

Just hope the next one in is equal or (high hopes here) better.

Edited by PapaLazarou
  • Like 1

As has been said it’s pointless getting  excited about this as we have all been here before. Over the last 40 or so years we’ve had some proper wrong uns in charge at Bramall Lane ( McDonald, the one who couldn’t decide if he was Sam or Samantha and the one who buggered off to Australia the gate receipts!)  The Prince has been better than most ,so good luck to him .

3 minutes ago, atticus said:

As has been said it’s pointless getting  excited about this as we have all been here before. Over the last 40 or so years we’ve had some proper wrong uns in charge at Bramall Lane ( McDonald, the one who couldn’t decide if he was Sam or Samantha and the one who buggered off to Australia the gate receipts!)  The Prince has been better than most ,so good luck to him .

I agree with you about McDonald and Paul Woolhouse. Reg Brearley and Stephen Hinchcliffe weren't exactly choirboys either but Sam Hashimi was never involved other than making an unsuccessful take over bid.

We were fortunate there, if he/she had become our chairman/woman we wouldn't have known which way to turn. 😧