Blades About To Be Sold!

Man in Crete

44 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I agree with you about McDonald and Paul Woolhouse. Reg Brearley and Stephen Hinchcliffe weren't exactly choirboys either but Sam Hashimi was never involved other than making an unsuccessful take over bid.

We were fortunate there, if he/she had become our chairman/woman we wouldn't have known which way to turn. 😧

I forgot that Hashimi didn’t get the gig . You could argue that he/she was ahead of their time though; half the young uns now haven’t got a clue what they are .

• Like 1

Heard a bit about it this evening on Radio Sheffield.  Either way, now its gone for due diligence checks at the EFL, it'll be months before anything happens, if ever?  

Some folk on Radio Sheffield already getting excited about this January's transfer window.  January 2024 maybe? 

you need deep pockets and lots of cash you can right off as a loss,not many make cash out of owning a football club ,ask our owner at swfc its cost him thousands and hes still putting in cash ,thats the problem with football its about whos got the most cash,except they wont let you spend your own cash against other teams that have come down in your league to compete,i find it unfair,but newcastle are doing well from there new owner are they not?

6 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

Reported a couple of hours ago.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-united-takeover-prince-abdullah-25794002

I'm with Nervy-Owl. Don't get too excited. Sheffield football is the centre of false dawns.

Doubt it. We've got no money. Can't bring any more players in. 

Just checked back to Tops Wilder claim. Back in October.

Wonder how well that one will age too.

Didn't realise you'd changed manager since October, must have missed that one.

6 hours ago, m williamson said:

I agree with you about McDonald and Paul Woolhouse. Reg Brearley and Stephen Hinchcliffe weren't exactly choirboys either but Sam Hashimi was never involved other than making an unsuccessful take over bid.

We were fortunate there, if he/she had become our chairman/woman we wouldn't have known which way to turn. 😧

Choirboys don’t generally do jail time.

40 minutes ago, sibon said:

Choirboys don’t generally do jail time.

Don't they? You do understand that the majority of the mafia were good Catholic boys, and that here in Sheffield in my old Alma Mater the Mooney Gang and the Garvin Mob were also of the one true faith don't you?

I'm sure one or two of them did a bit of bird and had previously sung Ave Maria wearing choirboy regalia.

Just now, m williamson said:

Don't they? You do understand that the majority of the mafia were good Catholic boys, and that here in Sheffield in my old Alma Mater the Mooney Gang and the Garvin Mob were also of the one true faith don't you?

I'm sure one or two of them did a bit of bird and had previously sung Ave Maria wearing choirboy regalia.

You do understand the word “generally”, don’t you?

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Update re: takeover.

United recieved the deposit swiftly and the EFL ratification is going very smoothly. All is ticking along as expected with no problems what so ever.

Unlike the Mauriss interest in which no deposit was ever received by the club....

The real deal this time... looks like we have been purchased and will be under new ownership for our promotion push. 

Who the new owners are is unclear, however apparently they aren't from America or the UK... that said, if they've got £130m kicking around to buy a football club, they arent short of a penny are they.

Lovely jubbly...

I'll believe when I see it happen and not until.

If we keep all our players in the transfer window it will be a decent indication.

Edited by Alextopman