Would You Vote For A British Republic?

51 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Come on lower case 'm' you really are going to have to do better than that.

Rocker 8)

This thread asked an interesting question ' Would You Vote For A British Republic? ' some posters have attempted to give an answer to the question and their reason for their opinion.

You on the other hand have contributed nothing whatsoever to the discussion. All you have done over nine pages and nearly a hundred comments is post nonsensicle little digs and jibes accompanied by emojis. Obviously you have nothing of interest to say on the subject and yet are incapable of finding a thread that you could give an informed opinion on, if such a thing is possible in your case.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, m williamson said:

This thread asked an interesting question ' Would You Vote For A British Republic? ' some posters have attempted to give an answer to the question and their reason for their opinion.

You on the other hand have contributed nothing whatsoever to the discussion. All you have done over nine pages and nearly a hundred comments is post nonsensicle little digs and jibes accompanied by emojis. Obviously you have nothing of interest to say on the subject and yet are incapable of finding a thread that you could give an informed opinion on, if such a thing is possible in your case.

Do I detect a tad of snobbery?

I thought you were against that type of behaviour.

Tut tut.

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Do I detect a tad of snobbery?

I thought you were against that type of behaviour.

Tut tut.

In what way is pointing out facts snobbish? How exactly was I being snobbish in stating that his posts on this thread had nothing to do with the question asked and were purely for his own amusement?

As I said I post for amusement purposes, in no way have any of his contributions been amusing other than no doubt to himself. 

23 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:
1 minute ago, m williamson said:
2 minutes ago, m williamson said:

In what way is pointing out facts snobbish? How exactly was I being snobbish in stating that his posts on this thread had nothing to do with the question asked and were purely for his own amusement?

As I said I post for amusement purposes, in no way have any of his contributions been amusing other than no doubt to himself. 

You said he was incapable...

Is that not making an assumption that said poster is beneath your capability of making a point even though you have absolutely no idea of their background or privy to their education?

With respect, I would suggest you are no more of a snob than the family in question.

A total hypocrite.

46 minutes ago, m williamson said:

You really are on a fishing trip.

Loved your 'calm down and look in the mirror'

How old are you three?

Wind yer neck in.

Report me if it makes you happy.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

You said he was incapable...

Is that not making an assumption that said poster is beneath your capability of making a point even though you have absolutely no idea of their background or privy to their education?

With respect, I would suggest you are no more of a snob than the family in question.

A total hypocrite.

Okay as you've chosen to get abusive. You have decided to escalate a perfectly good natured thread, ( apart from off topic smartarse remarks from rockers rule ) into an ad hominem situation. Did you actually mean to include the word no in the second sentence?

It is a well known fact that anyone employing the ' with respect ' load of nonsense has in fact no respect whatsoever. 

Saying someone is incapable is saying that you don't think they can do a particular thing. Nothing in that posters contribution to this particular thread would lead me to believe that he possesses a serious opinion on anything. The question was interesting, instead of offering a valid opinion for discussion all he did was act the goat. Now, if he doesn't have a view on the subject why bother to post? I would suggest that most of us look at a thread title and decide whether or not we are interested. If we are we join in and discuss the subject. If it's something of no interest to us we ignore it and leave the discussion to those that are interested.

Obviously I may be mistaken, maybe the poster has contributed many insightful and thought provoking comments on other threads and this is the first occasion when he has decided to just take the pee? 

You really need to get over your misconception that you can tell someones character by comments they post. I'm in my seventies and have never in my entire life been accused of snobbery or hypocracy by anyone, then someone hiding behind a pseudonym on a local forum decides to big himself up and play the keyboard warrior.

The good thing being that I've found it quite amusing, which in my case is the object of the exercise. I prefer a good discussion but if that fails as it has here second best is seeing someone tie themselves in knots and make themselves look silly.

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

You really are on a fishing trip.

Loved your 'calm down and look in the mirror'

How old are you three?

Wind yer neck in.

Report me if it makes you happy.

I've never reported anyone for anything in my life, if it annoys me I deal with it myself or ignore it.

The answer to your question is in my reply above.

Have a good Christmas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m williamson said:

Some threads get really boring , some just go round in circles.

Then along comes Rocker to bring a breath of fresh air.

I could be wrong, but I feel the majority of posters enjoy a little light hearted chuckle, god we need a smile on our faces in these very trying times.

I look forward to more "Nonsensicle" posts from one of my favourite posters.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Padders said:

I could be wrong, but I feel the majority of posters enjoy a little light hearted chuckle, god we need a smile on our faces in these very trying times.

Spot on Padders. I agree with every word. This forum NEEDS posters like Rockers, your good self, Patricia, cressida etc. I consider you few to be the lifeblood of this forum and I always enjoy reading all your posts.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Padders said:

Hmmm... :huh:

You ARE wrong, Mr Padders!

NOT about Mr Rocker...
... but about posters enjoying a good old chuckle.

Most on here would probably prefer to be slapped over the head with a wet kipper than to give their chuckle buds a bit of exercise! :hihi:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

Okay as you've chosen to get abusive. You have decided to escalate a perfectly good natured thread, ( apart from off topic smartarse remarks from rockers rule ) into an ad hominem situation. Did you actually mean to include the word no in the second sentence?

It is a well known fact that anyone employing the ' with respect ' load of nonsense has in fact no respect whatsoever. 

Saying someone is incapable is saying that you don't think they can do a particular thing. Nothing in that posters contribution to this particular thread would lead me to believe that he possesses a serious opinion on anything. The question was interesting, instead of offering a valid opinion for discussion all he did was act the goat. Now, if he doesn't have a view on the subject why bother to post? I would suggest that most of us look at a thread title and decide whether or not we are interested. If we are we join in and discuss the subject. If it's something of no interest to us we ignore it and leave the discussion to those that are interested.

Obviously I may be mistaken, maybe the poster has contributed many insightful and thought provoking comments on other threads and this is the first occasion when he has decided to just take the pee? 

You really need to get over your misconception that you can tell someones character by comments they post. I'm in my seventies and have never in my entire life been accused of snobbery or hypocracy by anyone, then someone hiding behind a pseudonym on a local forum decides to big himself up and play the keyboard warrior.

My bold.

And yet you are quite prolific in doing just that.

Wrongly may I add.

Throwing the teddy out the pram every time someone doesn't agree with them is nothing new.

Getting all mardy and casting snide remarks about because your view isn't automatically agreed on by all and sundry, is hardly unique.

Simple fact, you don't know me and believe it or not, none of your psychological bull mixed into your reply's is anything none of us haven't seen before.

There you go probably not the answer you were looking for, but at least you have no 'emojis' to cope with.

Keep safe.

End of 

• Like 2