Holidays At Pontins

1 minute ago, old tup said:

I my wife and kids Holidayed at Pontins Ainsdale Southport in the year it opened 1970,I can,t remember how much we paid but it was affordable I remember that!.One highspot for me was drinking at the bar with Stan Morteson one of the old time football greats,he had a soft job as sports manager,he was a real comic had everyone in stitches!.We must have enjoyed the holiday because we had another one a couple of years later at Prestatyn ,even took the mother in law to that one!.When we were first married you had to make your money stretch,and we did my kids never went without a holiday ever I made sure of that!.

I also went to the Southport Pontins in the 70's

Spent all week trying to find the sea.

I went with my parents a couple of times to the Pontins at Brixham in the mid 70s. We used to set off on the friday night, get so far down then try to have a kip in the car before continuing the next morning.

Last year, the missus and me spent a few days in Brixham and had a walk along to where the camp was, it's now a housing estate.

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Did some demolition work at a Pontins once , think it was in Filey  

Butlins had a camp in Filey, now an housing estate..

That lass I dated was an Hackenthorpe lass.

Her parents ran a pub there, think it was The Blue Bell or summat.

18 minutes ago, Padders said:

Butlins had a camp in Filey, now an housing estate..

That lass I dated was an Hackenthorpe lass.

Her parents ran a pub there, think it was The Blue Bell or summat.

May have been Butlins then . Right now to the good stuff ,  There was a Blue Bell on Hackenthorpe , famously known as the Palladium  of the North  ,sadly now a shop . About what year did this dating take place ?  

We went to Pontins at Blackpool  late 70's & loved it particularly chalet patrol which meant we could leave kids to sleep while we went out & they never woke up ! Also had a nappy washing service which was great for our 2 very young kids ! Went once to Morecombe which was worse we went to.  Then had 3 years at Prestatyn which was the best.

30 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

May have been Butlins then . Right now to the good stuff ,  There was a Blue Bell on Hackenthorpe , famously known as the Palladium  of the North  ,sadly now a shop . About what year did this dating take place ?  

It was 1962 not 1963 as I first posted.

Had a few snoggin sessions back at the Chalet, then met her a few times back in Sheffield, then got dumped.

Probably a bit before your time.