Standing At Sky. Edge .

cuttsie

22 hours ago, cuttsie said:

I saw  this production at the Crucible yesterday .

A absolute masterpiece  written by Chris Bush and our own Richard Hawley .  ( A blue plaque awaiting for him and Joe Cocker out side the Town Hall  surely ,)

This masterpiece of Sheffield history brought me to tears . Do not miss it .

Saw it last week. Agree with you. Absolutely brilliant production.

Probably the best thing I've ever seen at the Crucible.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sibon said:

Well, it is a musical. So, unless the 80s on Park Hill were characterised by people singing Richard Hawley songs and having a bit of a dance, I guess that it isn’t that true to life. ...

I do remember the neighbours linking arms on the landing and having a dance to The Style Council, but I'm sure Hawley captures our plucky grit much more faithfully.

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

I do remember the neighbours linking arms on the landing and having a dance to The Style Council, but I'm sure Hawley captures our plucky grit much more faithfully.

Sounds a bit posh to me. In Dinnington, we just threw coal at each other whilst reciting scenes from Kes.

Edited by sibon

Could anyone leaving a review please state their living accommodation so that we can judge its veracity

I've not seen it, but I fancied it, then I saw the tickets were 40 odd quid so I didn't bother (detached)

• Haha 1

Saw it last night.

Paid £32 per ticket (absolutely fine) it’s quite a big cast - I’m sure they all need paying.

There was a standing ovation - so everybody was happy.

The story is good considering the songs already existed.

All in all - thoroughly recommended! (semi)